• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Reminder to start using insect repellent

Skeeters have never really bothered me too much. I think it's something about trying to stick their proboscis thru my leather tough skin they dislike. Idk.

Ticks give me the willies though. Especially after last year. My then 3 year old apparently got bit by one. Never seen a bite, never any signs of redness anywhere that we knew of. One morning, he woke up and couldn't stand up. Said his knee hurt and he fell down whimpering. That little dude is tough as nails, so we knew something was really wrong. We went to the ER, they just figured since we'd been camping and he's a rambunctious little boy, he might have just over worked his knee, nothing to worry about. Following day, he couldn't even lift a sippy cup to his mouth. Another ER trip, then a referral/rush trip to the bigger regional hospital with dedicated pediatric ER to finally ascertain what was going on.*

That was some seriously scary $hit. Be smart about ticks, folks.

Start thread drift....
My local ER doc was a worthless dink when it came to interacting with and diagnosing my son. Basically, nothing is broke, not dying, okay have a nice day. Sent us to another hospital on wild speculation about something that was highly unlikely. However HUGE shout out to the Mayo Clinic facility in Rochester MN. Talk about the best of the best. Those docs were simply incredible. You just feel it from the second you walk in there that you are in amazing hands. The pediatric ER doc we seen was seriously an absolute godsend to some very freaked out parents.
/drift

What a strong one! Was it RMSF or Lyme or some other?

Welcome back to tick season.

I played a league last night, out at Hudson Mills-OG and heard of four different golfers finding ticks. Went out to Dunham's today, picked up some aerosol Permethrin and got to work. Sprayed the legs of my shorts and pants, bottoms of my golf shirts, three long sleeve waffle weaves, a couple dozen pair of socks, two pair of boots, my golf towels that hang on my belt, my bag and my cart.

Neighbors likely thought I was a nut with a couple rounds of clothing hanging from a line strung between three trees.

Be careful and protect yourselves.

Latest posts