• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

replace my eagle

nyqpi33

I have a 10X kc pro eagle that flies very strait and a bit of right turn for me. I only throw about 300 on a good drive so I don't have a ton of arm speed. I have had this for 21 years and love it but I was hoping to find something close as a replacement so I can put it on the shelf and not loose it. I get the impression that it may be pretty valuable.
Any ideas what i can replace it with?
I really love the plastic, wish they still made discs with that blend.

Sounds like my dilemma... I just bit the bullet and bought some new Eagles and will have to break them in. I know they won't ever be like my Climo KC Eagle but I guess I will have to live with it.

Yah I bought a new infused star eagle partially because the stamp is so good but quickly found that the flight is alot more like a 0 turn and about a 3 or 4 fade. It went maybe 100 feet strait with no hint of a turn and then exit stage left. I only got about 200 feet out of it. I get a slight turn and medium fade with my 10x and about 290 on a good throw.

Yah, I'm also working on my noodle arm too!

Check out the Millennium JLS! Quantum is Champ, Sirius is Star, Millennium is Pro. Slightly smaller rim than an Eagle but they're like the Valkyrie - goes farther than you'd think.

Off the shelf, a TL flies very straight with minimal finish.

I do have a used star tl3 and it flies a bit more over stable than my 10x. I guess I could just use that. I also wanted to get a gold line river but all I could find at my local store was an opto and it is a bit more over stable also about like me tl3. It is also has quite a dome and I can't seem to throw it as clean without a bit of wabble. My 10x is very flat and comes out super clean when I throw it.

Check out the Millennium JLS! Quantum is Champ, Sirius is Star, Millennium is Pro. Slightly smaller rim than an Eagle but they're like the Valkyrie - goes farther than you'd think.

Is the JLS pretty flat? My eagle is very flat and I notice I throw flatter discs much cleaner where as there is a bit of wobble on a domie disc.

I put a picture of my 10x and new star infused on here.

Attachments

• 20210625_124728.jpg
    20210625_124728.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 30
  • 20210625_124904.jpg
    20210625_124904.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 33
I have a Scott Withers S-Blend Exodus from Infinite Discs which flies as you describe. It is a bit straighter than my Barsby Star Eagle from 2020. My arm speed sounds the same as yours.

I have a Scott Withers S-Blend Exodus from Infinite Discs which flies as you describe. It is a bit straighter than my Barsby Star Eagle from 2020. My arm speed sounds the same as yours.

Are those barsby eagles pretty over stable?
I find most tour series discs are more over stable than stock runs.

I do have a used star tl3 and it flies a bit more over stable than my 10x. I guess I could just use that. I also wanted to get a gold line river but all I could find at my local store was an opto and it is a bit more over stable also about like me tl3. It is also has quite a dome and I can't seem to throw it as clean without a bit of wabble. My 10x is very flat and comes out super clean when I throw it.

Take that Star TL3 and tomahawk it straight down into dirt/grass about 25 times as hard as you can. Bend it like a taco a few dozen times (not all the way in half, just partway). My experience is this gets Innova discs flying close to the flight numbers pretty quickly.

Ok. I think I will try that.

Not that I am playing any sanctioned events but would that make the disc an " illegal disc" by modifying it that way?

See if you can find a used Ealge-L or Exodus. That disc will fly just like you are describing. If you get a brand new one then it probably wont be understable enough.

If you can find a dx eagle in stiff plastic it'll beat in and be money

You bought an Eagle-X and expected it to fly like an Eagle-L. Just buy a new Eagle L. It will beat fast enough.

I bought the infused one before I knew there were X's and L's and mainly cause they looked cool. I had hoped it wouldn't be too over stable but wanted it for my collection even if it was too over stable.

Valuable as a disc means a few bucks. It's not like you can make multiple mortgage payments with sale proceeds.
Just throw it.

Latest posts