• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Replacing innova. What discs?

Catfishmac

Ok, so I'm ready to try some new discs and could use a little help. I'd like to replace most if my innova drivers with plastic from other companies. These are the discs I'm looking to replace:

Beast
Valk
Tee bird
TL
Leopard

I'd also like to stay away from discraft for now as I have thrown a lot of their plastic as well. So, let's hear it. What would you recommend for my new bag. Also, not sure if it matters but, all my current discs are 170g.

P.s. I'm not leaving innova or discraft completely as I will still be carrying a boss, teedevil and buzzz. Just looking to fill the gaps with some new plastic.

Try a QOLS for the beast slot perhaps? Maybe an OLF? Leopard; maybe a JLS? just suggestions.

River, Fuse and Pure - Latitude64's best molds. The Fuse should be a nice understable compliment to your Buzzzes and River will replace nicely TLs and Leopards, depending on the weight. A max weight GL would be very close to a TL or Teebird without hardly any turn. A light River is a hyzerflip machine with the famous Latitude glide so might wanna try it out to replace your Leos.

Beast ---------- Millennium Astra, Discmania TD
Valk ---------- Lat 64 Vision, Orion LS (Millennium)
Tee bird --------- Vibram Ascent, Lat 64 Striker, Millennium Polarius LF
TL -------------- Vibram Trek,
Leopard ---------- Discmania Jackal, Lat 64 River (light)

From the little experience I have with these, they seem to be the closest fit.

Is there a specific reason you're looking to replace those discs? Because honestly, there really isn't a replacement for a tee-bird, valk, and leopard, other than a tee-bird, valk, and leopard.

Is there a specific reason you're looking to replace those discs? Because honestly, there really isn't a replacement for a tee-bird, valk, and leopard, other than a tee-bird, valk, and leopard.

Pd will easily replace a teebird.
Fd will replace the Leo.
The valk, haven't found anything better for its role personally.

But I do agree that unless you have some weird anti innova thing going on, which seems to be prevalent around here, that those three are great at their roles.

Millennium and Discmania are companies owned by Innova. Just throw ish you like!!!!!!!!! No companies make discs just like those youve chosen to replace. Throw what you know, you'll be happier in the long run.

You'll never be able to replace those discs on a one-to-one basis. I would instead think about it as trying a different lineup. One option is to go all Latitude for fairway drivers. XXX, Striker, River, and Vision should be cover the shots you need.

The only reason I'm looking to replace these discs is I've been throwing innova's plastic for 12 years and haven't really given other companies a chance. I'm also tired of inconsistent molds from innova but after reading about other companies plastic, it looks like they are all inconsistent. I may never replace these discs but I do feel that it is time to try something new and see if it sticks. I've been thinking about lat64 mostly but from the threads I've read they seem more inconsistent than innova. Is there a company out there that makes consistent molds?

Is there a company out there that makes consistent molds?

When you're dealing with molding and cooling plastic, you're going to have inconsistencies. So the answer is, "no, not really."

Vibram actually might have the most consistent run of molds, but they're certainly not going to replace your lineup.

Don't buy into the River replaces the Leopard hype. Its close, but nothing replaces a Leopard.

I disagree. I've got 2 leopards and my friends have about 7 between them ranging from 150g-175g. I've thrown them all, but nothing comes close to my 168g Opto River.

There's nothing that a Leopard can do that a River can't do better.

Disc Mania PD- All the plastics create slightly different flight patterns. S-line is most like a tee bird flight to me.

I'm not sure you can replace them but these will be close.

Beast -------- TD
Valk --------- I haven't found anything that close, maybe a Vision or JLS
Teebird ----- Ascent, Striker, PD
TL ----------- River, XL
Leopard ----- Jackal, River (light)

I can interchange a champ beast, elite z or flx surge SS, and GL Flow between my three bags. They all throw very similar for me with slight variances like the surge ss easier to turn less fade, flow more fade, and beast about the middle of the two. All very close though.

Valk- is not something I throw a lot but I haven't found anything that truly compares. Maybe a beat in GL Striker.

Teebird-maybe the new lat64 saint will be this but a teebird is still a teebird. The only thing I have that flies similar is a very beefy Ti Stalker but it doesn't have the lift. It's concave and stays low. Other than that it's close. A Striker again might be similar but new not beat in. Maybe Opto plastic.

Just drop the TL and pick up a few rivers. Maybe a GL and TM1. Heavy on the GL and it will throw like a glidey TL somewhat. Light on the TM1 and it will replace that Leopard.

Beast = Surge SS
Valk = XS/Wildcat
Teebird = Ti Stalker
TL = Tracker
Leopard = XL

But then again I throw all Discraft because I like the consistency:thmbup:

Latest posts