• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Repository of Cool Images

Oakley and Clemons Wide Narrow Wide.
GJFfj9el.png

Simon elbow leading forward. Upper arm angle much greater than 90 degrees from chest.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Simon Elbow forward copy.jpg
    Simon Elbow forward copy.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 1,515
Drew throwing on 20-20, 20 degree diagonal and 20 degree hyzer to throw "straight and flat".
m8Ntq28.png

Drew whip effect.
gtgYjSq.png

"Smash factor efficiency"???

:popcorn:
In ball golf, smash factor is ball speed divided by club head speed with max efficiency being 1.5, so the ball is smashed and accelerated 1.5 times faster than the club head.

In disc golf, smash factor is disc speed divided by hand speed. I'm not sure what the max efficiency would be, but certainly greater than 1.

(Gibson 8 panel img)

You had me thinking after the Reddit comment. I was observing Drew's feet/hip position - per crush the can/inside swing/buttwipe from Hershyzer, the stride length scales with power, but the relative position of the feet/hip angles appears the same thru different stride lengths. That makes sense to load up the hips and backswing wherever a player's anatomy finds the best angles. I mentioned that was "neutral" for lack of a better term.

The release trajectory you mentioned is not at 90 degrees to that stance, but rather ~20 degrees wider here (110 total). I think that occurs since hips are still clearing forward leading the shoulder/arm/disc into hit after the plant. I can go mark up images, but I wondered if that relative angle of trajectory to the stance/lower body tends to stay consistent over different scales of distance/strides.

Drew is considerably more staggered closed and turned back than KJ Nybo.

Last edited:
Simon Lizotte max distance shot, power pocket to release upper arm angle increasing/slinging to much greater than 90 degrees. Can't see much in earlier frames as his hat covers either his elbow or shoulder. Thanks to Over Throw DG for sending me the footage!
KWqEKeuh.jpg

I was a bit sloppy with the lines and the angles here, but there is some things in here as well that I think a lot of people miss.
Trying to find these imaginary lines and angles when throwing can be quite the eye-opener.

* The whip (shoulders-arms-hand-disc) is releasing in the same line as the back leg is anchoring. When that line has been hit by a upper arm -> the upper arm goes into follow through mode, when the lower arm hits the line -> the lower arm goes into follow through, etc.

* Your whole body makes a stable "box" at the hit. A lot of people break that box early by over-rotating their shoulders.

* When your lower body is anchored it is REALLY anchored to the ground. Simons anchor barely moves an inch from when the upper body slings forward to release.

lTjZIMj.jpg