• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] Reptilian Disc Golf: Iguana

IF our wives don't catch us!

I've gotten really good at sneaking disc shipments into our house. :)

Ha. I can't tell you how many times I've gone to a store and not bought a disc but my wife always has to buy a couple.

She is well aware of my stash and just the other day she twisted my arm and made me order a few more online.

Having to sneak discs past my wife just isn't a thing.

Ha. I can't tell you how many times I've gone to a store and not bought a disc but my wife always has to buy a couple.

She is well aware of my stash and just the other day she twisted my arm and made me order a few more online.

Having to sneak discs past my wife just isn't a thing.

Man, that's half the thrill. Sorry about that. It sounds awful.

I'd say it's 5, 5, - 1.5, 1.5

Weird numbers and they're not definite yet.

Very much a Comet/Roc/Gila hybrid lol. Hard to say what it is exactly. I think almost Cobra like TBH.

When do these bad boys drop? I have over a dozen DX Ontario Cobras to compare:popcorn:

Was able to get some Iguana loaded up for our Black Friday sale!

https://reptiliandiscgolf.com/collections/mid-range/products/proto-iguana-x-out- misprint

Small order placed, patiently waiting for lighter weight options...
Especially for drivers and mids...

and hopefully in bright colors...

Just saw it on Instagram, hella smooth hyzerflip!

This Mid is a $ maker.
Powered down it flies like a faster DX Roc
Powered up it can be hyzer flipped a very long way.

I also am really loving the Iguana on a low FH hyzer flip. It'll pop up and shape a nice line without getting squirelly. This is a shot I could never attain with a Roc.

Just got mine in today! All of the descriptions are spot on: slightly stiffer plastic, nice and pearly, flat and feels good in the hand. I didn't see the "let us know your color preference" until after I ordered, so I got white, which I love and the disc looks great, but snow coming up... looking forward to throwing it!

Just got mine in today! All of the descriptions are spot on: slightly stiffer plastic, nice and pearly, flat and feels good in the hand. I didn't see the "let us know your color preference" until after I ordered, so I got white, which I love and the disc looks great, but snow coming up... looking forward to throwing it!

Go throw That Thang!

Weather turned out a lot nicer than expected, so I actually got out today! Some thoughts about the Iguana:

Overall, this thing is a shot shaping MONSTER. Because of its LSS, you can carve some really interesting lines with it. It feels great in the hand for any Roc/Comet throwers. It's hard to compare it to anything I've thrown, because usually this straight-US midrange doesn't have much fade. It's like a faster Comet OS of sorts. Or like a beat in Roc, but if it kept all of its LSS. Regardless...

Hyzers: the Iguana would flip up to almost flat and hold a beautiful glidey hyzer to the ground with a pretty strong finish. This disc does have a tendency to skip when landing on a soft hyzer angle. That being said, I used this for some holes that have a shallow right to left bend (RHBH)

Flat shots: probably my favorite line for this disc. Thrown between 260-300 on a flat/ very slight anhyzer release, the Iguana wanted to slowly drift to the right almost all the way to the ground before fighting out of the angle and landing softly. That's the thing that struck me with this disc; it's really easy to manipulate because it doesn't want to turn or fade particularly quickly.

Anhyzer: a less used shot, but I still got some anny releases with the Iguana. It needs either a lot of room to air out, or a long anhyzer hole shape because this thing will hold and not come back. I haven't played around with it enough to nail the angles, but this will be one to work on over time.

Forehand: I wouldn't forehand this disc for anything over 200 (albeit my forehand is about 50/50 on understable touchy approach forehands). Where I did find a lot of use was for short pitch outs. I was behind a large bush and had a really tight angle to the pin. I put this up high on a fairly steep angle and it floated to flat because of its LSS. A great utility pitch out disc.

Other things: it was about 20 degrees and sunny when I went out, so while I was comfy, the discs were still brick hard. That being said, blowing air into my hands and licking my thumb gave me enough grip to work with. I'm really excited to throw this thing in 40+ degree weather. Also, like I mentioned above, while this isn't as touchy as a Comet, there is some finesse that's needed to make this disc shine. Throwing a straight forward hyzer flip was money, but I'm going to have to spend some time with this disc on hyzers, annys, and everything else to really get to its full potential.

Sorry for the sermon, I just figured more info might be better since I think this is one of the first testimonies out there right now. Great job with this mold, I'm excited to throw it more! :clap:

Latest posts