• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Reseller on youtube decides to become a squid to find resale stock

Fine with me. There is a pond I'll go into someday. I would not text the numbers. Put them in a lost and found at the local club/shop.

Nothing wrong with it.

I lost my favorite driver in the water. If I don't go get it, it sits in 5 feet of water for eternity? What good does that do? If someone goes to the effort if retrieving it, why should I expect it back —at a minimum with a finders fee.

Discs I find on the course, I didn't have to work to retrieve? I text if they are marked.

I go through a lake on my course in chest waders every couple of weeks. I return tons of discs! I returned numerous discs to people twice and I returned 1 disc to a guy 3 times. :wall:

I get a lot of "keep it" responses and a lot of no ID discs as well. I keep 5-10% of these and the rest I give away.

As a player who has put LOTS of discs into water.....I do my best to retrieve them, but if I leave them (either don't have time, or they are beyond my retriever) then they are free game to anyone else. I would appreciate it if the finder calls/texts me that they found a disc of mine to see if I want it back. If I want it back, I'm always happy to reward their work and have been able to work out a reasonable (to both of us) deal. Usually $5 for a disc...but fluctuates based on how new or 'important' the disc is to me. I've paid $15 for one disc that was returned even though the finder offered to just return it.....but I had told a couple of other searchers that if they found it I would give them that amount to get it back.

And, I have the same opinion of discs stuck in a tree....if I don't get it back right away and someone else is able to do so...call/text me and I'll discuss a finder's fee.

Definitely wouldn't recommend retrieving discs in any body of water in the south.

One of the first few times I went and played disc golf at my local course back in Texas, one of my friends shanked a disc in this creek that connects to the bay and soon as he got his shoes/socks off and was about to wade in the water to grab his disc, he saw a water moccasin swim by and was like nope.

The Houston area also has gators in some of the bodies of water so another reason to probably just let that disc go if it ever finds its way in the drink.

Definitely wouldn't recommend retrieving discs in any body of water in the south.

One of the first few times I went and played disc golf at my local course back in Texas, one of my friends shanked a disc in this creek that connects to the bay and soon as he got his shoes/socks off and was about to wade in the water to grab his disc, he saw a water moccasin swim by and was like nope.

The Houston area also has gators in some of the bodies of water so another reason to probably just let that disc go if it ever finds its way in the drink.

Splash around enough and the snakes will stay away. I'd be more worried about snapping turtles if I were blindly feeling around the bottom of a southern pond.

This is my nightmare. Things under the water I can't see freak me out. Especially when they can take off a toe or two. I have rescued a few of these guys before. They like to sun bathe on roads in the summer. I've found them very far away from any accessable water bodies too, so scooting them off the road wasn't really viable. I make sure to stay away from the business end but they still kinda freak me out. :\

Only parts of the South have water moccasins or alligators.

Brain-eating amoeba, on the other hand....

I'm in the South and swim in our pond, for discs or just to swim. The habitat range for both alligators and water moccasins ends about 30 miles from here, though with the world warming and species migrating, I'm not quite 100% assured. Plus, we have really large, non-venomous water snakes, and I'm still a little spooked by them.

Then, a few years back, we started seeing snapping turtles. Big snapping turtles. Which are a little intimidating for swimming, and much more so for feeling the bottom with my feet for hard round things. I've been told by a lot of people who should know, that snapping turtles are dangerous on land, but not in water where they can easily flee. But I've noticed those reassuring experts, were all standing on land as they told me that.

Only parts of the South have water moccasins or alligators.

Brain-eating amoeba, on the other hand....

I'm in the South and swim in our pond, for discs or just to swim. The habitat range for both alligators and water moccasins ends about 30 miles from here, though with the world warming and species migrating, I'm not quite 100% assured. Plus, we have really large, non-venomous water snakes, and I'm still a little spooked by them.

Then, a few years back, we started seeing snapping turtles. Big snapping turtles. Which are a little intimidating for swimming, and much more so for feeling the bottom with my feet for hard round things. I've been told by a lot of people who should know, that snapping turtles are dangerous on land, but not in water where they can easily flee. But I've noticed those reassuring experts, were all standing on land as they told me that.

Was about to mention the amoebas…

If the water is stagnant down here, I'm not putting my head under it.

The pond where I like to store my distance drivers has giant snapping turtles, but also leeches. I've pulled out pinkish orangish discs (with my retriever) that were absolutely covered with leeches.

One of the set of ponds at a course here has been found to have ecoli and other nasty stuff, but disc golfers still wade it in it to get discs.

The pond where I like to store my distance drivers has giant snapping turtles, but also leeches. I've pulled out pinkish orangish discs (with my retriever) that were absolutely covered with leeches.

We lower our pond about every 3 years, and once when we did it and pulled discs out of the mud, many of them had leeches attached. Needless to say, the next swimming season, I was a bit reluctant to swim with them.

But as yet, I've never had one attach. (The only bite so far, has been to a toddler playing in the creek, downstream).

I know leeches are high on the evolved intelligence scale, but ours seem convinced they can suck blood from plastic, and not flesh.

We lower our pond about every 3 years, and once when we did it and pulled discs out of the mud, many of them had leeches attached. Needless to say, the next swimming season, I was a bit reluctant to swim with them.

But as yet, I've never had one attach. (The only bite so far, has been to a toddler playing in the creek, downstream).

I know leeches are high on the evolved intelligence scale, but ours seem convinced they can suck blood from plastic, and not flesh.

When I played at your place a couple of years ago it was crazy how many discs were lost that day in the pond.

Almost lost one myself, but it skipped off the water and made it across.

When I played at your place a couple of years ago it was crazy how many discs were lost that day in the pond.

Almost lost one myself, but it skipped off the water and made it across.

There seems to be a disconnect between how far people claim they can throw, and how far they can throw when they have to.