• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Revolution bags

mshelton

Eagle Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
What ever happened to these guys?

I came back to the game last year after a 7-8 year break and I still carry one of their Carolina bags from almost 10 years ago. Quality is great and I see where they started trying to make a backpack model but nothing from them after that. Did they just fold?

I came back to the game last year after a 7-8 year break and I still carry one of their Carolina bags from almost 10 years ago. Quality is great and I see where they started trying to make a backpack model but nothing from them after that. Did they just fold?

On Amazon the company was selling a lightweight backpack from 2016 but they were selling that model in 2017-2018 still trying to make room for the new version of the lightweight backpack model that Revolution never made. Also a more solid sturdy version of the same bag as lightweight was supposedly made but always sold out as if all that Revolution made was the prototype in different colors, the bag had the ability to carry disc in the top that the lightweight could not do. I almost got the Lightweight model since it was on sale but I saw only bad reviews as if the very top storage part that could come off would fail due to the zipper and end up stuck to bag or not able to stick to bag.

So yeah they had a single year in 2016 of a lightweight backpack bag but that was it. Right after that in early 2018 the company disappeared and not sure what happened to Revolution after the bags got sold off Amazon including the Carolina model last Revolution bag to sell off in early 2018. Sad since that newer style of lightweight bag was a really interesting design.

Last edited:
I have the backpack lite, and quite frankly. Don't care for it. It's fairly utilitarian, and whatever storage there is, which is plenty. Is only able to be organized in a chaotic fashion. i.e. no additional pouches, or interior pockets or places to hold things like phones, or notebooks, or keys or anything. You just kind of pack it in and hope that while you are reaching in for something else in that same compartment that everything stays. WIth the upper compartment being utlized and both side pouches, it's easy to get 30+ discs packed in in addition to the 16 - 18 you can fit into the lower compartment. But, it's not going to be easy to carry much of anything else. Like, say, a jacket, or an umbrella, or layers.
I wanted an American made bag, and that's what it has going for it. Outside of that. It's not well thought out for the what other stuff a person may bring along.

I have the backpack lite, and quite frankly. Don't care for it. It's fairly utilitarian, and whatever storage there is, which is plenty. Is only able to be organized in a chaotic fashion. i.e. no additional pouches, or interior pockets or places to hold things like phones, or notebooks, or keys or anything. You just kind of pack it in and hope that while you are reaching in for something else in that same compartment that everything stays. WIth the upper compartment being utlized and both side pouches, it's easy to get 30+ discs packed in in addition to the 16 - 18 you can fit into the lower compartment. But, it's not going to be easy to carry much of anything else. Like, say, a jacket, or an umbrella, or layers.

I wanted an American made bag, and that's what it has going for it. Outside of that. It's not well thought out for the what other stuff a person may bring along.

On Amazon some sellers and maybe Revolution itself are still selling the Revolution Mini, The Carolina, and the second generation Lite bag from 2017 (must have actually made production) that the top does not come off. However Amazon is limited on the numbers and they do not seem to be moving for the second generation Lite Revolution backpack that they have 3 blue and 1 black left. The prices of the non backpack Carolina model are bit high even now, at $5 more then the Lite at $144 and the mini is at the price of some next up from the low end backpack bags at $64, this is not including the $10 shipping for all the bags.

Dave Henrickson sold the company to GottaGoGottaThrow a number of years back. Since we put in the course at Spilman a few years ago we do see Dave once in a while- prior to that I had not seen him in years.

Revolution bags were from a great era in disc golf. good quality for reasonable prices and they gave back to the game as well. Making a bag that lasts forever just isn't financially smart haha. Nowadays it just feels like its all about the $$