• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ricky Wysocki #38008

tough call. Initially I think that yes, Ricky is POTY.

But, if you were told you could have either season as an option, winning a major (Worlds in particular) would certainly be hard to pass up for the season Ricky had.

Regardless, I think Ricky had the better overall season, by a slim margin.
I think Rick would take World's or USDGC over any combination of his non-DGPT championship wins. Contrary to his complaints about the prestige of Worlds.

tough call. Initially I think that yes, Ricky is POTY.

But, if you were told you could have either season as an option, winning a major (Worlds in particular) would certainly be hard to pass up for the season Ricky had.

Regardless, I think Ricky had the better overall season, by a slim margin.

5 > 2

:popcorn:

Should Rick get player of the year? 4 elite series plus the pro tour championship just about trumps a major right? Paul won Worlds and Waco and Gannon won USDGC and a Silver Series so you they may be in the running. Simon had a good year too but Ricky's was still better

DGPT POTY more likely, PDGA POTY has McBeth out ahead due to better results at the Majors https://www.pdga.com/pdga-player-rookie-year/2022.

Head to head Wysocki/McBeth DGPT comparison
Average finish between Majors + DGPT Championship (33% of DGPT POTY):
Wysocki - 3rd, average place 6.6, 1 win @ DGPT Championship
Buhr - 2nd, average place 5.75, 1 win @ USDGC, did not travel/compete in EO
McBeth - 1st, average place 4, 1 win @ Worlds

DGPT Point totals (33% of DGPT POTY):
Wysocki - 1st, 1040.08 (4 DGPT Wins, lowest DGPT event place not dropped T10th @ Jonesboro, lowest overall result T57th @ DMC & missed cash, 1 Silver series result included)
McBeth - 2nd, 1035.63 (1 DGPT Win, lowest DGPT event place not dropped T9th @ Preserve, lowest overall result 51st @ DDO & missed cutline, 3 Silver series results included)

Final 33% is Media vote

Unsure if USDGC results or the events dropped from DGPT season points total will be completely ignored. There are a few ways the media folks could look at the results/stats. IMO with 4 wins on DGPT (including one of the playoff events) + winning the DGPT Championship Wysocki is deserving of the DGPT POTY.
https://www.dgpt.com/announcements/dgpt-announces-points-and-awards-structure-for-the-2022-season/

DGPT POTY more likely, PDGA POTY has McBeth out ahead due to better results at the Majors https://www.pdga.com/pdga-player-rookie-year/2022.

Head to head Wysocki/McBeth DGPT comparison
Average finish between Majors + DGPT Championship (33% of DGPT POTY):
Wysocki - 3rd, average place 6.6, 1 win @ DGPT Championship
Buhr - 2nd, average place 5.75, 1 win @ USDGC, did not travel/compete in EO
McBeth - 1st, average place 4, 1 win @ Worlds

DGPT Point totals (33% of DGPT POTY):
Wysocki - 1st, 1040.08 (4 DGPT Wins, lowest DGPT event place not dropped T10th @ Jonesboro, lowest overall result T57th @ DMC & missed cash, 1 Silver series result included)
McBeth - 2nd, 1035.63 (1 DGPT Win, lowest DGPT event place not dropped T9th @ Preserve, lowest overall result 51st @ DDO & missed cutline, 3 Silver series results included)

Final 33% is Media vote

Unsure if USDGC results or the events dropped from DGPT season points total will be completely ignored. There are a few ways the media folks could look at the results/stats. IMO with 4 wins on DGPT (including one of the playoff events) + winning the DGPT Championship Wysocki is deserving of the DGPT POTY.
https://www.dgpt.com/announcements/dgpt-announces-points-and-awards-structure-for-the-2022-season/

There's an argument to be made for Paul winning it. It reminds me of the old Brady vs Manning days when Peyton would light up the regular season and win MVP but Brady always showed up when it mattered and won the Super Bowl.

Seems like the DGPT organizers had a feeling that he would drop since they left him out of any of the feature cards.

Sounds like he is dealing with a wrist injury.
Lyme's flare up affecting his wrist mobility/grip.

No spoilers but not surprising to see Ricky did well this weekend. Glad he's back healthy as he brings a lot of laughs and amazing talent.

One question (from Reddit) that I thought some of the more knowledgeable old tossers here might be able to help with - what's his putting grip here called? Looks odd.

90mzu3zwzn2b1.jpg

No spoilers but not surprising to see Ricky did well this weekend. Glad he's back healthy as he brings a lot of laughs and amazing talent.

One question (from Reddit) that I thought some of the more knowledgeable old tossers here might be able to help with - what's his putting grip here called? Looks odd.

90mzu3zwzn2b1.jpg

Pixelated Grip?

Latest posts