• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ridiculously overpriced disc of the day...

Simpsons Discraft did it first with SureGrip...not sure if anyone else did before that. (Yes you said fairly, figured others might enjoy this tidbit of information)

Honorable mention to the grooves on the Ching Oracle and Juju!

Legacy did that with their "Snake Skin" versions of putters. Basically a Banger GT but instead of a groove in the top of the disc it was a grippy raised texture. Never held one but they sold out quick.

Speaking of snake skin, have you seen on the PDGA approved discs page that Yikun has a disc with scales molded into the top? Very interesting looking.

I seem to remember hearing that the "Lizard Lawyer" Mark Ellis had his sponsor Discraft mold grip spots on discs for him. I think they were called "Lizard" Skin or something like that.

To be legal though they had to make them available to everyone so that meant molding thousands of discs that way...

I seem to remember hearing that the "Lizard Lawyer" Mark Ellis had his sponsor Discraft mold grip spots on discs for him. I think they were called "Lizard" Skin or something like that.

To be legal though they had to make them available to everyone so that meant molding thousands of discs that way...

Instead he just used a sh@t ton of pine tar. I remember seeing one of his discs at a tournament. Crazy

I don't think the Discraft or disc name embossed on the rim is what flip is referring to. I also have a nearly identical pre throw routine, lol. Left hand, middle finger spin and don't want the embossing in my grip.

I also do the vertical flip some pros do between both hands prior to standing on the box lol (not copying just been a habit for years and years). No disrespect to Flip but no I wasn't talking to them or about their post

40 minutes left and no bids?!

How could this have happened..

It looks like most of the discs he is selling are "ultra rare". So how rare does something have to be for it to be considered "ultra rare"?

My guess is if he only has one it is considered ultra rare. :doh: (he also uses "super rare")

Ultra rare...

attachment.php

Attachments

• Reno-Charlie-Palmer-Black-and-Blue-Steak.jpg
    Reno-Charlie-Palmer-Black-and-Blue-Steak.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 421
So kind of the opposite of this thread but recently tried to buy a certain metal flake Innova disc from eBay and it was listed for really cheap, like compared to all the other listings so I bought it using the Buy It Now option.

The next day I get an email from eBay saying my orders been canceled due to "damaged or missing item". Ok, well that sucks, but oh well guess I'll save myself $17 on a disc I probably didn't need.

Well, I notice that the seller re-listed the item again with a higher price because I'm guessing they realized a little too late after I made the purchase that they could sell the disc for more money and decided they didn't want to let it go for $10 like they originally had it listed for. Anyways..

Stay classy, eBay.

So kind of the opposite of this thread but recently tried to buy a certain metal flake Innova disc from eBay and it was listed for really cheap, like compared to all the other listings so I bought it using the Buy It Now option.

The next day I get an email from eBay saying my orders been canceled due to "damaged or missing item". Ok, well that sucks, but oh well guess I'll save myself $17 on a disc I probably didn't need.

Well, I notice that the seller re-listed the item again with a higher price because I'm guessing they realized a little too late after I made the purchase that they could sell the disc for more money and decided they didn't want to let it go for $10 like they originally had it listed for. Anyways..

Stay classy, eBay.

Used to see this tactic with vehicles back in the day. Times are getting desperate for people. They need to squeeze every dollar out of a disc that they can.

Used to see this tactic with vehicles back in the day. Times are getting desperate for people. They need to squeeze every dollar out of a disc that they can.

So for some, integrity is worth about $7? [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup! Ive had 2 bids cancelled on items I tried to purchase this year because the seller decided to cancel the auction with covert motivation of wanting to sell disc for more. One was cancelled on the last day of the auction and the person literally wrote to me "there wasn't much interest in the disc." LOL! I would have won it for $0.99. I reported both sellers to eBay and they said they cannot force the person to sell me the item, which is what my ask of them was. SO basically, eBay is not a binding auction site. You just get a bad review and move on. They did say they would make notation on each sellers profile, but one instance is not enough for any form of action to be taken. Funny though, the one seller also banned me from being able to buy from them because they acted badly. Whatever, I just taylor my searches to filter them out from the seller list. Don't expect eBay to enforce sales and purchases and step in to correct problems unless an item did not get sent after being payed for and the money was received.

Stay classy, eBay.

I had a decent eBay store for a few years starting in about 2015. I haven't paid attention at all to any changes eBay has made as far as their rules go, but back then that would've been a big no-no. At the very least I'd write a scathing review. That's a garbage seller right there who doesn't deserve to be on the platform.