• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Right and Left Hands?

robertbonson

Par Member
Hey all, I am planning on completely redoing my throw from the hit back as soon as I'm done with finals. I expect to take about a month to get a full throw down, using the first two weeks just throwing from a stand still at the right pec position.

I have recently been wondering whether or not it would be beneficial to also learn how to throw left handed from the hit back at the same time. Being able to throw ambidextrously would definitely be an asset to have, but I'm wondering if in doing both at once both hands will just become ok at throwing, and neither one will be too good. Any thoughts on the matter? Thanks.

My guess would be only work on your left hand if it feels more natural than practicing a forehand. Either are great assets to your game.

I've often wondered whether trying to learn LHBH would be a fun experience. Since I don't have any bad habits to unlearn, I could start by building from the hit back, and maybe after a while practicing my left hand throw would be better than my right hand throw. I talked to Jim Oates, who had to learn to throw left hand to recuperate his right arm following a surgery, and he seemed to think this was true. After only a few months he was back to making deuces and getting under par.

Latest posts