• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] River gold or opto?? andwhy

I prefer GL. Opto seems a little faster with less turn/fade though.

But really depends on what you want it for. Pay a LOT of attention to the dome. If you want one that is very understable, I've found that the heavy colorshift ones are all pretty flat and very flippy. I have a nice purple one that is kind of flippy, 2 Gold GLs that are straight as can be and a yellowy one that is on the overstable side. All of these are different b/c of the dome.

So unless you want one that is very flippy, get one with a lot of dome to it. If you can go pick out a few and field test them, that would be the best way to go. If not, maybe ask them to pick out a domey one for you, unless you want it to be understable.

so basically a flat GL and a domey opto..

Same as most I suppose, but I throw both. I started with GL, and bought a few opto for stability. If I had to keep just one in my bag, it'd be the 167g white GL. That things works magic.

Same here...

Got a GL 165 White River that is my favorite disc to throw. I have many others but this one I love.

The glide is unmatched.

I havent thrown the Opto yet but love the GL's! I use a flatter light weight GL the most.. will flip straight, turnovers, etc. and thing just seems to glide forever. I also carry a lil heavier domey GL thats about dead straight but its still fresh i havent thrown it a ton. I pair them with Teebirds but really want to test an Opto so if anyone has one 170ish or under holla at me :thmbup:

I'd go with a Gold Line. I just purchased and traded away an opto that had the largest dome I had ever seen. Incredibly over stable compared to my friends relatively flat GL.

What do you think of the lat 64 flow in GL

I just got an OPTO flow. 176g. It flicks almost as far as my destroyer, but with only 75% of the power. Super glidey and easy to throw. I know that opto is more stable than GL so if you are planning on using the flow for FH, I'd go opto.

I'd go with GL, I bought a GL river and striker, and an opto version of each, and definitely like the GL better, as they have more glide and are more true to their flight numbers given. The opto versions of each seem to be too over-stable for me, although I still use em on occasion.

6391985355_3b787313cd_o.jpg

GL just look so damn nice.
Shameless plug, but I still have a few of these left as well as some domey Optos.

Latest posts