• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] River

Here my 2 cents on what I have thrown from them:

Spike - good neutral to understable putter. Think XD
Sinus - Overstable as hell. Too big a rim for me. Would kick butt in wind
Trident - Overstable. Little glide. Good OH disc
XXX - THE OH disc. Instantly got me a extra 20-30'
Vision - Great glide. Understable/flippy turnover disc
Striker - Fast stable driver. Think Teebird with more speed. Good for OH's too. Good in wind.
River - Enough said above. Great glide
Core - Great mid. Long mid. Buzzz-like feel with maybe a tad less stability.
Fuse - Great mid for turnovers or finesse anny's. Slow, glidey mo' fo'!

In summary, great plastics, great glide. I haven't thrown a Pure, but it sounds like a solid putter. You could do a lot worse than an all-Latitude bag.

I bought my GL River at my local shop. The lightest they had was a 172g. I throw about 325ft, 350 max. The 172 River is stable to overstable at this speed. So will it beat in to the long turnover disc I want, or should I be looking for a lighter one that will hold those anny glides out of the box?

I feel like that extra glide the River has hurts its turnover ability. It'll hold a solid 320 light anny/turnover, but when i try and crank a slow long 380ish turnover, it flexes back on me. I thought it was going to replace my Z XL, but now I think they'll both stay.

I feel like that extra glide the River has hurts its turnover ability. It'll hold a solid 320 light anny/turnover, but when i try and crank a slow long 380ish turnover, it flexes back on me. I thought it was going to replace my Z XL, but now I think they'll both stay.

LOL Thats where Im at although not as long and Im using an X XL. Hoping it breaks in more though.

I bought my GL River at my local shop. The lightest they had was a 172g. I throw about 325ft, 350 max. The 172 River is stable to overstable at this speed. So will it beat in to the long turnover disc I want, or should I be looking for a lighter one that will hold those anny glides out of the box?

Take all of this with a grain of salt, because today was the first time throwing with an x-step in probably a month:

I throw Teebirds ~300, and my Rivers (169 opto, 174 are about as overstable as my Star Leopard... almost neutral at high speed, a little bit of fade at low speed, even on an anny line. In fact, the flight is almost exactly the same as a Star Leo, but with more glide.

If I had a low 160's River, I would keep it in my bag for long downhill shots, but for now they don't really have a place.

Got my 170 Opto in today, and it flies about like a newish Champ EL to me. The glide on it is pretty crazy. Field tested it against a thrashed 175 DX EagleX and a 155 Champ Leo and the River was the most overstable of the three, with the Leo a reasonably close second. I'll have to see a head to head with my EL cuz it's gonna be close. It actually feels more like an Eagle in the hand than an Eagle L does, that alone makes it a strong contender for the bag. I was getting some slight downhill bombs out of it to about 325' pretty easily. A bit more nose angle sensitive than I thought it would be but I like it a lot. I had a case of the OATs today (haven't played in too long) and it was just stable enough to fade back straight if I rolled over a little.

^ Didn't even notice it. You think that's slanted, try a Halo.

holy moly this disc is the bomb! I stood still and threw this thing 350ish feet with about a slow 10 foot decline...the thing felt great in my hand, very controllable. Gotta get this thing on the 700-800 foot holes at leigh farm to really give it a try at distance...but for me, distance doesn't mean much :D

holy moly this disc is the bomb! I stood still and threw this thing 350ish feet with about a slow 10 foot decline...the thing felt great in my hand, very controllable. Gotta get this thing on the 700-800 foot holes at leigh farm to really give it a try at distance...but for me, distance doesn't mean much :D

Yeah Im realy trying to decide if my Pro Valks are any longer. Thing is, the River doesnt require much but can still take a lot where the Valk still requires a little more speed. Only reason Im holding the Valks is I want them beat and to hyzer-flip from a steep hyzer before I decide.

I've had my 172g River (gl) for a couple of weeks now and have logged about 25-30 throws. My initial take is:
-I really like the feel of the disc in my hand
-Like the plastic
-It is a little more sensitive to nose angle than i thought...kinda surprised me. Has a tendency to rocket up, up, and away pretty easily (especially in a decent head wind like today).
-amazing glide
-more stable than I thought it would be. I can release it flat and keep it under control and on a line for about 300'-325' on a soft gentle throw. If I hyzer it a tad I can really let it rip and I've got a cool 375' out of it. I'd like to get on a course w/ a little more distance holes and see what i can get it to peak out at. I'm thinking i could get around 400' with a little more work. Trouble is, it's to tempting to just pull out one of my other 'longer' range drivers and ease it out to 400' rather than work harder to get the river out that far...we'll see.
-this is an interesting disc. i can't remember a disc that i've recently bought that makes me want to figure it out like i do with this one. Honestly, it seems to be a very complex disc...lot's of stuff going on with it. Complex, but not necessarily difficult. If that makes sense.

Latest posts