• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vs.] Roc vs. Buzzz

Roc or Buzzz?

• Roc

Votes: 99 50.3%
  • Buzzz

Votes: 98 49.7%

• Total voters
I voted Buzzz, with these personal opinions:

1. I love Titanium plastic and I love the Nate Doss Titanium Buzzz. I probably would not try a Buzzz in any other Discraft plastic.

2. I have some Glow Rocs, but my main comparison is the Roc3 with the Buzzz. (Roc v. Buzzz, not Roc3 v. Buzzz)

3. The Buzzz feels better in MY hand than the Roc or Roc3.

FTFY

There's too many good mids now a days to limit the discussion to two molds.

Another Roc vs Buzzz thread is just what DGCR needs!

Neither. Started out with Buzz, then moved to Roc. Now extremely happy with Verdict/Truth/Warrant combo that does everything I wanted fresh out the box in a consistent feel accross.

Whichever, my roc3 and buzz are basically in the same slot, so is my truth. Seem interchangeable to me.

I own both and like both to some extent. I voted Roc because I own 4 of them and only one Buzzz, but let's be real here the Bard rules them all in my game.

Yes, of course that was my opinion and describing my experiences. Do I really have to put a "YMMV" by every single thing I post? Is this about to get personal again?

They're a variant of the Roc in the same sense the Buzzz SS and OS are Buzzzes, yes.

Respectfully disagree. The disc may have "Roc" in the "VRoc" name, but that's (IMHO) the ONLY similarity. The VRoc is its own disc, has a different bottom piece, and does not fly like a Roc (or Buzzz, for that matter).

Oh, gotta put in the disclaimer: JMHO, YMMV

Ontarios, Sannys, and Ranchos all have different bottom wing pieces. Guess they're not really Rocs either then? People need to stop making it seem like the most important wing piece is the bottom piece. The top is equally as important to flight.

Funny that it looks like you stopped reading my post before you got to this part since neither of the molds mentioned share the same pieces as the Buzzz...
in the same sense the Buzzz SS and OS are Buzzzes, yes.

So... this is weird.

My first mid was a beat up DX roc. Love it and still bag it. I also have a Roc3. Owned and lost a KC Pro Roc. Except for one very beat up Pro-D Buzzz I found on a course, I have never liked a Buzzz, and I've owned a few (one in z-glo, one in ESP, I think).

But I bag a Truth, which I've heard is a Buzzz clone, so... (shrug).

Mostly, I just like discs. Midrange in particular. I'm sure I'd be happy throwing either. Sorry if that's not stand-offish enough. :D

CORE

In GL, dinner plate top...

I'm a roc guy but I just recently got a buzzz so we'll have to see if I change. I still reach for my roc all the time though

Latest posts