• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] 2023 “workhorse” midrange?

ray1970

* Ace Member *
I'm sure there are plenty of threads about this but either my search skills are lacking or most of them are older. With the boom over the last few years and many new brands out on the market I figured the Roc and Buzzz likely have quite a bit of competition on the market now.

So, in this day and age, what is your do-all, workhorse mid?

Buzzz. Sometimes also carry a Mako3 in the woods.

I toy with some others, but I have ~20 Buzzzes, so I can pick and choose stabilities and feels for the day.

It's still the Roc for me. I dabbled with Emac Truths for a while, but the Roc just kept calling me home.

Hex/Reactor get about 80% of my mid shots. Love the Comet but don't throw it a lot since most of my courses are lightly wooded and windy.

Straight with minimal turn and a baby fade, MD3 or L64 Trust. Woods hyzer flip then straight/turn- Origin. Origin takes no power to get reasonable distance.

Been doing some 3 disc rounds and 75% of the time I reach for the Rift as my midrange. Works great forehand and backhand, might have just a touch too much fade for a real dead straight but that's what putters are supposed to be for anyway