• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Roc vs Shark vs King Cobra

stephen_wendt

I need to beef up some more of my mid range discs. I have started getting my Roc out to 320. I am looking to get a few molds (DX, KC Pro & Champ), but I see how similar the Shark and King Cobras are. Does anyone have some input on these three discs? Also the input on XG Roc Plus & Roc+?

Thanks.

The Champ Shark is a personal favorite of mine, great driving midrange that is dead straight with a reliable fade at the end, like a KC Pro Roc that never beats in. DX Rocs and Sharks will obviously break in to give you more options in terms of a turnover disc. I don't have any experience with the King Cobra or Roc Plus or XG Plus.

The Champ Shark is a personal favorite of mine, great driving midrange that is dead straight with a reliable fade at the end, like a KC Pro Roc that never beats in. DX Rocs and Sharks will obviously break in to give you more options in terms of a turnover disc. I don't have any experience with the King Cobra or Roc Plus or XG Plus.

i love my champ shark, i was at a course where all i needed was my midrange and thats all i used, and my eagle.

Always hated the feel of a Roc in my hand, but the [King] Cobra is fine to me - I love them. Shark's I've thrown maybe an accumulative 20 or 30 times over the course of a decade, but can't really speak for; I know those that throw them love 'em, though. Cobra's work well on lower lines and are sneaky sneaky long, and will beat to great hyzerflippers in time. Never thrown a Roc+..

What exactly do you want to know?

If your a roc thrower then get more rocs. I carry 6 and for fun I tested the king cobra and it had no place in my bag. It would flip with ease but it didn't hold the line

I third the king cobra. Glide for days and hold a line well, even in a mild headwind, unless you over torque it or oat it it'll turn and burn. I can only hit about 260 with a roc but with a king C 300+ with ease. My buddy chucked it 350ish today and he's sold. Great for annys too. This would be my "If you could only have one disc disc."