• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

#Rollout, Everything RidgeRoller

I've been tempted since the side pockets got bigger....but the cost - ouch. When I have a perfectly usable Ridge Roller. I did like the idea they were doing for a while of selling just the bag so you could reuse the frame from another RR bag. Not sure if they still do that.

The 275 price tag is without the frame included, you can remove the frame from another bag and put it into the new bag. Production costs got expensive, they even had to limit the choices on the colors and variations

The 275 price tag is without the frame included, you can remove the frame from another bag and put it into the new bag. Production costs got expensive, they even had to limit the choices on the colors and variations

I checked their website and it's not listed/shown there yet. Guess it's not in production quite yet or they are waiting for all the V4's to sell out.

I checked their website and it's not listed/shown there yet. Guess it's not in production quite yet or they are waiting for all the V4's to sell out.

July is the target date at the moment. To be honest he doesn't really post any updates on the website. Mainly in the facebook group. It's definitely in production, the picture I posted will be the finalized design

I've been tempted since the side pockets got bigger....but the cost - ouch. When I have a perfectly usable Ridge Roller. I did like the idea they were doing for a while of selling just the bag so you could reuse the frame from another RR bag. Not sure if they still do that.

The V5 can be purchased with or without the seat frame. They apparently shaved some weight off of the new one but the old seat frame will still work as well!:thmbup:

Here are the details from the site...and link here.
This is the new Ridge V5 it's two bags in one, use the V5 with or without the seat frame.
New lighter weight USA made seat frame purchase option.
Standard V5 purchase option with no seat frame
Purchase with the seat frame or without the seat frame, or use your Ridge backpack seat frame.

• FEATURES
    • NEW: Removable/Replaceable Backstraps
    • NEW: huge side pouches for water bottles, discs and more
    • NEW: top storage pouch when no seat frame is installed
    • NEW: waterproof ykk zippers with Ridge pulls
    • NEW: main disc flap compartment sleeve
    • NEW: USA made lighter seat frame purchase option
    • NEW: 4.2 pounds without the seat frame 5.2 pounds with the new USA built seat frame (all Ridge frames will work)
    • second putter pouch or storage pouch with pleated front for expandable storage
    • 4 short pencil pockets
    • D-Rings for Tags/Towels and seat cushion connection point
    • Umbrella clip
    • front and back side buckles included for hooking up to the Roller
    • Top expandable zipper putter pocket for sunglasses, tee shirt, snacks or 2-3 putters
    • Side sleeves with key hooks for Scorecard, Pen, Pencil, minis on both sides of the backpack
    • 2 large side Pockets for Layers or discs
    • 2 inside pockets for large iPhones or snacks
    • wide backstraps
    • haul backstrap clinch side buckles to bring the load closer to your upper back
    • chest strap sidebuckle
    • Backpack dimensions: 20″ Tall
    • 1-40 Overall Disc Capacity
    • Seat dimension 10″ wide 6″ deep with 1" padding FRAME SOLD SEPARATE
    • middle front zipper storage pouch with hard bottom insert 9x4x10 deep for at least 5-7 extra discs and or light sweatshirt or larger items or extra drinks
    • Thick padded backstraps and back padding
    • Heavy duty large handle
    • Built from 1000d

Last edited:
I'm not sure I'd be happy with the larger side pockets, they are already big enough on my Ricky version that I don't use the exterior bottle holders. I just tuck my pound insulated drink holders into the pockets.

I might be interested in getting the cart this year. I have been finding myself use the Ridge way more often lately because I just love the utility of being able to sit on it. It's a bit heavy though, especially compared to my Carlton. So a ridge cart would potentially be a nice alternative on longer days

I'm not sure I'd be happy with the larger side pockets, they are already big enough on my Ricky version that I don't use the exterior bottle holders. I just tuck my pound insulated drink holders into the pockets.

I might be interested in getting the cart this year. I have been finding myself use the Ridge way more often lately because I just love the utility of being able to sit on it. It's a bit heavy though, especially compared to my Carlton. So a ridge cart would potentially be a nice alternative on longer days

Side pockets are amazing it actually feels smaller and being able to use the bag with or without the Seat frame and having the top pocket without the frame is such a cool option, and with us building the seat frame here at RidgeRoller we shaved off almost a pound of weight. I'm sure someone local will have one for you to check out soon you will be blown away.

I was not able to find on their website, are there specific straps to fit other bags like a Gorilla Boy Simian for the V3?

After a long time swapping back and forth occasionally, I've finally decided that I like the Ridge better than my Carlton. It's a tank and very versatile, well built.

So TDK suggested a simian for a bag with a seat, went digging, found a nasty thread about knockoffs but someone mentioned the ridge roller. I like the disc layout better than the simian. I want me a seat if I buy a new competition bag, might make for an easier round.

How is a 6x10" seat to sit on? Those side pockets look nice... I also like the looks of the smaller drink holders on the V4 and saw a deal on a V4 :D. How is it with the solid frame to pack around?

Anyone have an opinion to share? :)

So TDK suggested a simian for a bag with a seat, went digging, found a nasty thread about knockoffs but someone mentioned the ridge roller. I like the disc layout better than the simian. I want me a seat if I buy a new competition bag, might make for an easier round.

How is a 6x10" seat to sit on? Those side pockets look nice... I also like the looks of the smaller drink holders on the V4 and saw a deal on a V4 :D. How is it with the solid frame to pack around?

Anyone have an opinion to share? :)

I had an earlier version (V2). Loved the seat, didn't always need it, but it was nice to have. I'm 6'1", 190 pounds and the seat/bag held up with no issues. However, it is heavy....even before you add discs, drinks, and other things. Then it gets really heavy.

While I did enjoy the seat, I also found that I rarely used it. So, I ended up selling the bag since the main purpose (having the built-in seat) was rarely used.

That said....the main plus of the RidgeRoller Backpack is the seat....but give some thought as to how much you will really use it.

I had an earlier version (V2). Loved the seat, didn't always need it, but it was nice to have. I'm 6'1", 190 pounds and the seat/bag held up with no issues. However, it is heavy....even before you add discs, drinks, and other things. Then it gets really heavy.

While I did enjoy the seat, I also found that I rarely used it. So, I ended up selling the bag since the main purpose (having the built-in seat) was rarely used.

That said....the main plus of the RidgeRoller Backpack is the seat....but give some thought as to how much you will really use it.

Thanks Bill.. I managed to find the weight on a v4 at 6lbs.. Thats about 16 discs at 170g each. So full weight before loading it with another 6lbs. A grip EQ is 4lbs.. I couldn't find the simian weight and I think I saw the V5 at 5lbs because the frame is lighter. A stool is about 1 lb.. My knees thank you for your opinion :)

I am wary of the size, it looks big. And I wonder how much I will use it, I haven't played a full tourney season in a long time.

My main bag is a double nutsac or a rogue iron copy (gift from wife).. I'm just thinking for the tourney circuit, my old innova competition bag with the phenix quads is alright but it dumps out sometimes and some dry storage or jacket space would be awesome rather than tying everything on like a hobo.. Stool, jacket, sweater etc.

I dunno, there's some deals and it sounds like my American friends are coming up next month for the tourney so I can dodge a big shipping bill. Just gotta call Kevin and make up my mind

Thanks Bill.. I managed to find the weight on a v4 at 6lbs.. Thats about 16 discs at 170g each. So full weight before loading it with another 6lbs. A grip EQ is 4lbs.. I couldn't find the simian weight and I think I saw the V5 at 5lbs because the frame is lighter. A stool is about 1 lb.. My knees thank you for your opinion :)

I am wary of the size, it looks big. And I wonder how much I will use it, I haven't played a full tourney season in a long time.

The difference in weight isn't as significant as most would have you think. The difference of 2lbs is roughly 5 discs worth of weight. So all other things being equal (water bottles, number of discs/accessories) it's not that big of a difference.

Having the seat will almost certainly make up for the added fatigue of carrying a couple more lbs around. The only time I notice the weight is for quick solo rounds where I'm not sitting down anyway. In my opinion, the versatility and utility of the Ridge definitely outweighs the benefits of it being slightly lighter. It also carries much more comfortable than a Grip due to the soft back. If you're highly prioritizing efficiency and light load, then maybe it's not the best choice.

I found I rarely used the seat. At the time I bought it, the main course I played was very hilly/rocky. It was a lot of weight to carry around. I did like it had two water bottle pockets that each held a 4 oz bottle. Other than that....there wasn't much that 'spoke' to me about it. I ended up getting a Fossa Skinny 2.3 in a raffle, sold my RidgeRoller V2 and have never regretted it. With the RR, i found that I really never used the seat.....even with my bad back I prefered to stand or sit on a bench when one was available. Most times, i rarely was waiting long enough to sit down. So why carry the extra weight? With my Fossa, I don't even carry a stool.... Only issues with the Fossa: if the bag tips over, discs are falling out; only one bottle holder; small pockets. But for what I need it for, it works and I've had no regrets yet.

Ultimately, write down what you must have for a bag, what you would like to have, and what you absolutely don't want. Then find the bag that matches your need.

Well I guess that begs the question, is the stool removable on a V4? And does it have feet?

Not that it matters I guess 455g to a Lb.. 3x 150 drivers.. but I totally get your point... but I also plan on playing lightish. Maybe a V5 would be smarter if it's the only one with the removable frame.. But if I'm packing a bag that big and not a nutsac I'm in it for long haul.. Water, snacks, jacket etc..

In for a penny. In for a pound :D

Last edited:
All versions have the seat removable, however that is the frame. I don't know if any of the later ones also had an internal frame separate from the seat/stool. RidgeRoller started selling versions without the frame/seat so that you could 'reuse' the one from a previous version; but I've never heard of one being used without the seat.

Yeah thanks again folks... I did spot a picture with the V4 and feet on the bottom. Glad to know the frame is removable no matter what the version

I think at this point it just comes down to whether or not buddy has a bit of space for a rigid frame bag in his truck loaded with four people on their way up to disc golf next month or if I have to pay $100 us shipping. If I snag the bag for 200 I would find $50 US about my top limit for shipping that would put me at 350 CAD which is probably my upper limit for something that I'd use five or six times a year tops.

I'm just so tired of the innova competition bag. It was cool 15 years ago but it has lost its luster every time it dumps stuff out and I don't have space to keep my jackets dry. Don't even get me started on the new biodegradable packaging that M&M's is using, they melt in your side pocket not in your hand

If I had the money, I'd love to go to a disc golf bag manufacturer and have them make a bag to my specifications. But I don't have that kind of money.....so, it's find what comes the closest to what I want/need. The RR was it for a while.