• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Rook's ITB thread/putter drama

mojorooks

Birdie Member
Before last week I USED to be a minimalist. I was using a cooler bag that was extremely functional, could probably fit 12/15 discs but I didn't like the extra weight (unless it was drinkable)

My bag consisted of
BT hard maiden - main putter
DX Aviar for practice
Big Z Buzzz
Z Undertaker
Star Firebird
Gstar Starfire

Then league happened and I got an Innova Superhero pack. Suddenly I have a ton of space and the extra weight doesn't get uncomfortable. With the addition of my home putter course, having fried my Maiden and the dog running off with my aviar my bag is in all sorts of turmoil. I figured I would log it as much for my own reference as anyone elses.

New bag contents:
Opto Shield
Ti Challenger
X Soft Challenger
175 R-Pro Rhyno (yes I found it!)
Big Z Buzzz
Beat in Z Buzzz
*Champ Roc3 - this is a nice addition and is getting plenty of use. The rook3 rocs!
ESP Archer
Z Undertaker 171
Big Z Undertaker (backup)
Star Firebird 169
Plasma Tesla 175
*Star Valkyrie 175
*Star Roadrunner 175
Gstar Starfire
*Star Wraith 175
*Gstar Mystere

*new from league. RR and valk need some beating in. I know 11's are too fast for me. We'll see how I do with them and how long they stay in.

I have some putters on order that I plan to see which ones I like best. I will be doing lots of 2 putter rounds until I get it narrowed down.

From someone who was also a disc minimalist until the start of league this year, I can advise you that adding plastic should be a slow and careful process for rounds that matter. I went through a lot of turmoil this year buying discs and expanding my choices too much. Especially with putters and premium plastic (not broken in). Best round I played was a putter only round in league. Second best round was a 3 disc round from the long tees (where I learned that a midrange is a perfect disc for long downhill shots so long as you start it in the right direction). I have a 20 disc bag now and I plan on sticking to the 4/5 mold theory from the "How to build a bag" thread here. I carry extras, but I'm trying to keep it simple for rounds, and then use the capacity/options for fieldwork/practice.

Seems like a lot of good options in your bag though! Good spread.

From someone who was also a disc minimalist until the start of league this year, I can advise you that adding plastic should be a slow and careful process for rounds that matter. I went through a lot of turmoil this year buying discs and expanding my choices too much. Especially with putters and premium plastic (not broken in). Best round I played was a putter only round in league. Second best round was a 3 disc round from the long tees (where I learned that a midrange is a perfect disc for long downhill shots so long as you start it in the right direction). I have a 20 disc bag now and I plan on sticking to the 4/5 mold theory from the "How to build a bag" thread here. I carry extras, but I'm trying to keep it simple for rounds, and then use the capacity/options for fieldwork/practice.

Seems like a lot of good options in your bag though! Good spread.

I see your point. Yeah, I will probably pull some of the new discs. Some are nice adds. I missed my old Z Buzzz. Definitely beat-in but not easy to find so I didn't always want to throw it but now the option is open. I was using the Tesla in my OS driver spot until I got the Firebird but Tesla seems to be working better. The Mystere flies like I expected the valk or rr to so it might hang out.

Putters are going to my biggest add.
Recently or soon to be acquired competing for spots:
Eraser Wizard - 174
DX Birdie
Plasma Envy
XT Nova
Z Zone

My bag hasn't changed much

Putters
R-pro Rhyno x 2
Eraser Wizard *
CT Challenger *

Mids
Big Z Buzzz
Crystal Flx Zone
Z Glow Buzzz *

Fairway
Z Undertaker
Star Firebird
Plasma Tesla*
Z Avenger*

* are backups or practice.

The Rhynos were so nice to have when putting on a slope that they eventually worked their way in as primary. And since they are easily forehandable, the Envy stopped getting used.

Understables haven't been working for me lately, so pulled them out.

Been doing forehand rollers lately. Buzzz, Zone have been primaries but Undertaker and Tesla have had turns as well. Maybe thinking about adding a bigger rim driver. Destoyer?

Latest posts