• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Saint Pro

I don't think the Pros are very OS, nor are they intended to be . Lat has the XXX and Trident for that.

I've had my pair of Optos since they came out. One at 167 and 175g. The lighter one is a little easier to get a little turn/ OAT but it always comes back. I have been beating on my light one pretty good to see what happens. Throw flat and clean it has tons of glide with that reliable fade. My heavier one just wants to hold a line and dumps a little more at the end. I have yet to have issues in the wind with these that I do with Saints or Escapes.

I'm really curious to see how these fly after beating in good. Hoping they loose that fade before the HSS. If that's the case I will be a happy man.

HSS goes first. Sorry.

I still carry my opto saint pro. Just don't throw it much. It's not bad but it's not great. I still would like to see a C-PD style disc in the lat64 plastic options.

I'm really liking the Saint Pro. It's pretty much the exact stability I'd hoped for. My 172 Opto has a super reliable fade that isn't dumpy, and can hold up to a moderate headwind with a bit of a hyzer release, whereas my Gold Line has a bit more turn and glide while still being able to handle the wind better than my Stags. I get great distance from these discs relative to their stability.

More than anything I wanted something that could handle some wind and give me reliable hyzer lines in most conditions with more distance potential than my Resistors, and that's exactly what the Saint Pro has been. Time will tell if they can beat in to cover a larger variety of shots in my bag, but I'm happy with where they're starting off.

People complaint that the SP isn't HSS enough have form issues IMO.
And as for it not being "overstable" enough it's not supposed to be a XXX or Firebird type of disc.

It is soo great that "The Trilogy" and Discraft finally have an awesome quality straight but OS speed 7-8ish fairway driver with the saint pro and mantis (hopefully released in heavy Z and ESP soon) to compete with a good teebird or eagle! No one should be disappointed by either mold. Everyone who likes these two companies should be pretty pumped. Discs of this speed and stability have been revered for so long as one of the most useful and rewarding "slots" to fill in a bag of discs for any skill or power level.

And as for it not being "overstable" enough it's not supposed to be a XXX or Firebird type of disc.

I'd go one further and say most of the people who review discs have form issues. Or even one step further than that and say most people who throw discs worldwide have form issues.

Well im not saying my form is perfect, because it isnt.. but if throw it hard its gonna have a little turn to it. Only a bit though.. havent had enough experience with it in the wind yet though.

Had a nice 400 foot low straight shot with one the other day.. a little tailwind and the disc flipped flat and went straight the whole way with just a little fade. I'll try and get a video up soon.

Also I'm not expecting the disc to be anything like a firebird or xxx. I like the XXX, its gonna be in my bag for a while thats for sure.

If you read most of the reviews, a lot of people sanded it down and removed flashing. There is a good chance that they may have rubbed off more than just the flashing. Also, it's important to remember that Lat 64 discs are very different based on weight and plastic type. So it's important to know what people are throwing.

I doubt the people having problems are throwing max weight optos that they didn't sand into submission.

^ Agreed, my buddy was complaining that the Saint Pro was flippier then his normal Saint. Then he told me he had sanded off the flashing, and boy howdy did he and then some. The funny thing is he did the same thing with the F1 and had the same complaint:wall:

I also agree that weight and plastic are a huge factor with Trilogy discs. Of the 2 Saint Pro's I have in the bag one is a 171 white Opto the other is a 172 blue GL. I also have a 172 blue Opto and a 170 translucent orange Opto that I use for fieldwork and back up. I am looking for a new lightweight GL and a max weight Opto to play around with as well.

I like the Saint Pro a lot because I use it in conjunction with the Escape and the Fury. All three discs feel very similar in the hand and I get a full range of shots right out of the box (breaking in Opto or GL plastic takes forever) that can cover most fairways. When I am doing fieldwork my Pro's are usually left or slightly left, my escapes are slightly right, straight or slightly right, and Fury's are typically right (unless I hyzerflip them), but all discs are about the same distance down the fairway.

The Saint Pro does have a slight turn that is really pronounced by a strong head wind, but in medium to no wind circumstance it has a great dependable fade that I love while still being very controllable.

^ Agreed, my buddy was complaining that the Saint Pro was flippier then his normal Saint. Then he told me he had sanded off the flashing, and boy howdy did he and then some. The funny thing is he did the same thing with the F1 and had the same complaint:wall:

Yeah I use 600 grit when taking off flashing. I imagine some people using some course grit and just taking it way too far. Basically like skipping a disc off pavement for a couple hours.

I really like the Saint Pro, they work well together with my Rivers. Whenever there is a headwind and i can´t trust my Rivers anymore i pull out the Saint Pro! It always finishes left, even when thrown with a bit of an anhyzer.

I went out today with my brand new 174g Opto Saint Pros that I ordered from Discnation ( I love those deals they have! Got em both shipped for $26)

Any ways, I bought them to replace some OOP Teebirds, namely 11x CAL and CA mold, as well as 11x gummy KC Pro. These discs are THE CLOSEST thing I have found to being those discs at a cheaper price. Ive thrown beat Predators, Rivals, Eagles, Volts etc but this disc wins for "most like a Teebird without being an actual Teebird"

I tossed them along side a jolly launcher max weight Teebird.I would say that the HSS is very similar to a beefy Teebird, but the LSS fade is probably 0.5 more than a Teebird. Like if a Teebird and Predator had a baby, I cant wait for these to break into perfection. I see myself getting more of these. Opto feels great, and performs well in wet conditions. GL would be so nice.

Looks like these are getting released in Opto Air. I don't generally throw weights that light, but I'm wondering if an Opto Air Saint Pro would have enough turn to replace my Stag? Might at least give me an out of the box option until my Gold Lines beat in.

Looks like these are getting released in Opto Air. I don't generally throw weights that light, but I'm wondering if an Opto Air Saint Pro would have enough turn to replace my Stag? Might at least give me an out of the box option until my Gold Lines beat in.

The air saints are a lot less stable than regular saints, I wonder if the saint pros will mold up the same in the air version.

Latest posts