• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Salient Disc Golf

An email was sent to all who preordered. What more do you want? Do you really feel entitled to daily updates? I'm as eager to throw these as anyone, but I'd rather wait and have them do things right as opposed to rushing out oval shaped, overweight discs *cough*Prodigy*cough* or discs that the company owner refers to as being "crap" (UB Creamy Procul). Hold your water and wait for them to get things the way they want. You'll have your new disc soon enough.

So.... is a week long enough to wait for an update? Are these possibly going to be in the mail before September?

It pays to be patient

I just received an email from Salient this morning:

Dear Salient-Discs supporter,

As you are aware Salient-Discs has been arduously working on releasing our flagship disc designated as Prometheus, which is the first ever wide diameter, wide rim driver.

Due to the discs large diameter, the disc is made to be molded at 190g+, which in effect is equal to a 175g for a smaller diameter disc. However, at Salient we were not satisfied with such high weights for all our customers, therefore we decided to delay release until we could perfect our new technology. This would allow weights to be decreased significantly while keeping the stability of the disc the same between our lower and higher weight counterparts.

The technology we used will be named at a later date, but to our satisfaction we were able implement it into Prometheus, giving us a reduction in weight by up to 10 grams. Therefore we were able to mold discs in the low 180s/high 170s which would be equivalent to the 160-165g range in a smaller diameter disc.

Prometheus will be shipped the week of September 1st (after Labor Day) to all customers with our limited edition gold first run stamp.

Thank you for your patience as we continue to improve and grow. We depend on our fans for support and value your loyalty

Please be on the look out for our next releases with an under stable distance driver, traditional midranges and traditional fairway drivers.

In addition to the email, I have a word of mouth update from Chris.

Pictures of the Grey and Lime green and Black and grey Catalyst will be sent in the next few weeks. This is really important. PRE ORDER PRICING ON THE CATALYST WITH FREE SHIPPING ENDS AUGUST 30TH AND FROM THERE SHIPPING WILL COST AN EXTRA 15 TO 20$. The Catalyst will be ready around the middle of October with all 3 colors available. The first Salient Mid Range will be ready around this time as well. Testers of the Prometheus will have their discs shipped by this Friday!. PDGA approval has been continued for the prometheus and should be available for tournament use in roughly 15 business days. The SD Spec 1 Shoe is ready to too, however to really show the function and ability of these shoes, we are waiting until Winter to release them. No further updates at this time

This is not a knock on this company at all, but if someone says September 1, don't expect anything until November. Deadlines are rarely met in the real world. Also, a retailer has very little factual information about when their shipment will actually come in.

This is not a knock on this company at all, but if someone says September 1, don't expect anything until November. Deadlines are rarely met in the real world. Also, a retailer has very little factual information about when their shipment will actually come in.

The first days in September is a very accurate date for this disc to ship out. I work for Disc Nation. We take great strides to know when our shipments are landing when it comes to new discs. I work in the real world for a dg retailer. Your intel is wrong

Last edited:

For other companies, I would agree. But just as he did with bags, Chris is very accurate and diligent to let his customers know when they are getting something. If he says september 1-4, it will be there that week.

The first days in September is a very accurate date for this disc to ship out. I work for Disc Nation. We take great strides to know when our shipments are landing when it comes to new discs. I work in the real world for a dg retailer. Your intel is wrong

My intel is spot on.

I have a Star Raven. It's...unremarkable to say the least. I'll have to take it out later and have another look at it. I never noticed that it was larger than other discs...

The greatest one disc wonder I ever played used a old dx raven.........smoked me by 6 strokes:sick:

For other companies, I would agree. But just as he did with bags, Chris is very accurate and diligent to let his customers know when they are getting something. If he says september 1-4, it will be there that week.

Is this a accurate time frame for contender owners also?
Im in no big got to have it now rush but new shiney plastic does get the old ticker going:D

Getting back on topic...

Someone needs to speed up time so we can get these in our hands and start throwing them.

Impatiently curious to see how these are going to fit in my bag!

That being said, I'd like to complement you and Disc Nation on not only keeping your customers up to date on the status of our pre-orders for the Prometheus, but also for making it easy to adjust our preferred weight selection based on what weights are expected to be available with the first shipment.

Latest posts