• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Salient Disc Golf

It does make sense, but at the same time, I feel like they should reach out to people with pre-orders to at least determine if they would prefer to wait for a lighter option. I have two on order and would like at least one of them to be max weight, and I've been itching to throw one since I first started reading about them. I am just very impatient while waiting for things though...

Yeah, when I pre-ordered, I was under the impression I would be getting a near max weight Prometheus as soon as they were available. Who orders a wide rim and wide diameter disc and thinks it's going to be light?

Also, what would be wrong in having first releases only being near max weight? MVP has done that in the past.

Innova has star lite, blizzard, and Japan Open lightweight discs, and they sell them as special runs separate from their normal releases of new discs as well.

Yeah, when I pre-ordered, I was under the impression I would be getting a near max weight Prometheus as soon as they were available. Who orders a wide rim and wide diameter disc and thinks it's going to be light?

Also, what would be wrong in having first releases only being near max weight? MVP has done that in the past.

Innova has star lite, blizzard, and Japan Open lightweight discs, and they sell them as special runs separate from their normal releases of new discs as well.
Chris has his reasons, he just wants a better variety for the market on an opening product

Hoping they made some breakthroughs over the weekend with the weight issues. Ready for the Monday update!

Hoping they made some breakthroughs over the weekend with the weight issues. Ready for the Monday update!

I will text chris later on today. He already had a solution it sounded like from last week and they were going to text it Friday. I will try to get an update out of him.

Sooooo glad I didn't pre-order. I wanted it for a meetup 2 weeks ago. I'd still be waiting with no date set.

Yeah, they really should keep people up to date on the website or something since they were expected to be released early August. I understand what they're trying to do and why, but communication is key, especially when you're pushing back you very first disc with who knows how many pre-orders! Again, I'm excited to see, feel and throw this disc, but I am not happy with the way things are being pushed back. I'll happily take 2 max weight right now just so that I can have them!

Yeah, they really should keep people up to date on the website or something since they were expected to be released early August. I understand what they're trying to do and why, but communication is key, especially when you're pushing back you very first disc with who knows how many pre-orders! Again, I'm excited to see, feel and throw this disc, but I am not happy with the way things are being pushed back. I'll happily take 2 max weight right now just so that I can have them!

Completely agree!

I agree guys, I really do, however I am just the messenger. I can't do anything about the way things are going. I just hope it gets done quick.

So let me get this right...a new DG company is having issues with their 1st run and pre-orders? Shocker. :|

So let me get this right...a new DG company is having issues with their 1st run and pre-orders? Shocker. :|

Not issues. It's clear they aren't having issues. This is the producers choice to give more variety to the weight. But there is nothing wrong no issues with the discs themselves

An email was sent to all who preordered. What more do you want? Do you really feel entitled to daily updates? I'm as eager to throw these as anyone, but I'd rather wait and have them do things right as opposed to rushing out oval shaped, overweight discs *cough*Prodigy*cough* or discs that the company owner refers to as being "crap" (UB Creamy Procul). Hold your water and wait for them to get things the way they want. You'll have your new disc soon enough.

An email was sent to all who preordered. What more do you want? Do you really feel entitled to daily updates? I'm as eager to throw these as anyone, but I'd rather wait and have them do things right as opposed to rushing out oval shaped, overweight discs *cough*Prodigy*cough* or discs that the company owner refers to as being "crap" (UB Creamy Procul). Hold your water and wait for them to get things the way they want. You'll have your new disc soon enough.

Your patience and understanding is appreciated. I promise guys I am trying to get updates as often as I can

Latest posts