• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient's Catalyst Medium Backpack

Any pics of the spark and a timeline on preorder? I need a compliment to my helix.

Well, this is my first post in the dgcr forums in years haha, anyone still rocking the original catalyst? I've since wheeled and dealed several times and settled on a mahal. Looking at back surgery soon and will probably be downsizing if I'm ever able to play again. Cheers to reviving really old threads lol!

I must have missed whatever happened with them, mind sharing the story?

The extremely brief summary is that they were a start-up disc company which garnered a reputation for really bad customer service, and managed to really anger a surprising number of people, who were very vocal about it.

Then they tried to create their own pro tour---new organization, rules, the whole shebang---and put it on ESPN3 (the streaming service) as the step to The Big Time. It turned out to be folly-filled, and they were bankrupt a few months later.

I remember a few tournaments watching Boucher hawking these things to some locals while loudly exclaiming: "Half the price of a Grip, better quality and made in America." Those same bags only had one strap within 3-4 months.

I remember a few tournaments watching Boucher hawking these things to some locals while loudly exclaiming: "Half the price of a Grip, better quality and made in America." Those same bags only had one strap within 3-4 months.

I distinctly remember photoshopping a Catalyst onto many boat related memes. Made in America. PSH.

Sad thing is Amazon has a last one of each model of backpack in ever single color sitting in its inventory since I saw them in late 2016. The little smallest backpack is only one in the ugly yellow color left for that as the other navy or light blue color sold out quick. If Salient made any shoulder style they sold out and are gone. Only the little pack they made is worth anything at the majorly reduced price they are all selling for.

Last edited:
Sad thing is Amazon has a last one of each model of backpack in ever single color sitting in its inventory since I saw them in late 2016. The little smallest backpack is only one in the ugly yellow color left for that as the other navy or light blue color sold out quick. If Salient made any shoulder style they sold out and are gone. Only the little pack they made is worth anything at the majorly reduced price they are all selling for.

The Salient bags all 3 models look so badly designed, even worse then the bag I got for a backup when the one on my system fails. I got a Atheltico Backpack to use on my system but back when they were $30 not $49.

Latest posts