Harpers Ferry, WV

Sam Michael's Park DGC

Permanent course
2.85(based on 5 reviews)
Main page says 17 holes; map shows 18. Will try to get there when the weather is dry again.
I think there are 19 baskets including the practice basket. Without tee markings of any kind, I'm not sure if I played the holes correctly. Nice park and the course is probably good but I'll hold off on a review until I'm sure I played the course correctly. For other course baggers, I would wait until tees are put in and maybe some "next tee" signs. The baskets aren't numbered so I played to some incorrect baskets on holes (2-6). It really took until te second 9 to be more sure that I was playing the holes correctly. Even then I had a lot of trouble figuring out the layout.

Thanks for the photos, swatso. When I played, there were no tee markers. I played a much longer course than you did as I guessed the tee spots from the map. Funny. I'll have to return and play the course the "right" way.

Thanks for the photos, swatso. When I played, there were no tee markers. I played a much longer course than you did as I guessed the tee spots from the map. Funny. I'll have to return and play the course the "right" way.
I think the tee markers were a recent addition. Perhaps you can offer them suggestions for longer alternate tees! :)

Latest posts