• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Score Cards

I made miniature custom score cards for all the Austin area courses I play regularly. I print on business card stock. It has 9 holes per side. I carry hundreds in my bag with a rubber band wrapped around them and when I get to a course I just pull out the one I need. I have blank ones for the courses I've never played. The only catch is you have to use a pencil because they soak up sweat and a pen will not write on them after they get a little wet.

itouch/iphone both have scorecard apps that work great. No need for paper and pencil.

I don't have ianything, but I like the digital idea a lot. I always have my phone on me so I use wireless 18. It's designed for ball golf, but works well for dg as long as you're not playing 18+ holes. They're working on another version that will allow you to keep track of more than one course at a time, and that will solve my biggest complaint. I highly recommend it.

since par is always a single digit #, why not put a gray veritcal line (like the put/pen row) 1/3rd of the way though each cell in that row. the left over space could be used for the distance of the hole (when there is a sign) that way maybe some of us will start adding meta data to the different hole lengths on the scorecard.

Thanks for the idea. Most of the courses I play don't have distances marked so I never thought about this. I added a new line on the card to allow for distances. I was afraid it would be too cramped to put Par and Distance in the same area. I can still get 3 cards with 4 players on each on a 8.5x11 piece of paper.

For use guys who have the paper score cards, if you take them to Office Max, you can have them copied onto "Card Stock" very cheaply. I just had 60 score cards made for $2.00. When I get some batteries for my camera I will post them. I had a guy in Florida make these, and will be happy to ship some blank ones to anyone who would like some to copy for themselves.

If you are using an excel sheet for PP360 I just made some short form score cards that fit 8 full rounds on one sheet of paper. (Doesn't have values for 1st last all, just check boxes)

Here's mine. I like to track weather/conditions but I never had a need to write in distances or pars so this works perfectly for me. It's 2 pages long so that with a duplexer I can print on both sides of an 8.5x11 sheet of paper

Scorecard

Last edited:
I got a little spiral-bound notepad with 18 lines per page (convenient!) so I can keep about 100 rounds' worth of scores all in one place. I put a pencil down the spiral of wire that holds the thing together and it fits just right. Now I can also jot down peoples' phone numbers, email addresses, give mine to others, and write down random thoughts while I play, all in addition to keeping score.

The notepad fits just right in the side pocket of my bag :)

Latest posts