• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Seperation Anxiety (Ion)

Keen has replaced some 100+ dollar shoes for me. I have faith that MVP will replace this. Just wanted to see if anyone else had seen this before.

Last edited:
I like that you posted this. Anyone else see. This with their ions?

MVP started as some disc nerds so they won't mind this thread.

I'll have to double check, but I think one of my Anodes is like this and it's never presented any sort of issue. There is a small, slight gap, but nothing that would be cause for concern IMO.

I'll have to double check, but I think one of my Anodes is like this and it's never presented any sort of issue. There is a small, slight gap, but nothing that would be cause for concern IMO.

But...the gyro....what will become of it

Never seen an ion do that. I am not sure MVP should have to replace it though. If it came brand new and it looked like that, yes, but if it's been thrown and that's happened. You almost have to call that wear.

An extreme example would be a shattered CE disc. Stuff happens when you throw frisbees into trees. It certainly does suck, bad luck.

It's a putter, usually upshot duties. That's fine if they don't replace it. They don't have too, but it's great P.R. if they do. The good news is this will never happen to my E-Wizard..

Last edited:
I would honestly call this a defective disc. I have spent hours slamming ions and anodes into parking lots and brick walls to get a truly understable mvp putter. I have never seen a split like that even after hours of point blank drives into brick. I do know now that nuetron anodes scuff up easier than eclipse ions if that helps anyone out.

Never seen an ion do that. I am not sure MVP should have to replace it though. If it came brand new and it looked like that, yes, but if it's been thrown and that's happened. You almost have to call that wear.

That doesn't happen to MVP discs with wear...Only when the overmold was misaligned in the factory. It used to happen fairly often when MVP first started molding, but it's quite rare now (this is the first we've seen in a while).

Did you PM Chad?

I sent the disc off for evaluation because I was curious. I got it sent back to me, apparently it's not cause for concern. It still flies. All good in the' hood. :thmbup:

I hate to say it, but for a company that is all about consistency I'm surprised they didn't replace it. This is obviously a fluke (haven't heard of anything else like this happening, especially not after a couple of months' use). It can't be caused by usage alone. Glad it still flies right for you though, and that you're happy with the end result.

Last edited:
I noticed the other day with my neutron axis that if you flexed it there was a distinct click of which I presumed to be the overmold shifting on the core. Maybe the bond between the overmold and this new neuron plastic isn't as strong as the proton.

i bend the 'clicks' out of all my mvp discs before use. like cracking knuckles

usually only does it one time

Latest posts