• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Seperation Anxiety (Ion)

Yep, NONE of my MVP discs, and NONE that I've ever seen in the store are completely seamless. There is at least a microscopic gap in everyone of them.

I just inspected all 4 of my N Ions. All of them have this issue, although the crack is not as deep as Huk's. The gaps are so small that I would have never noticed them were it not for this thread.

I also checked my 3 Volts and none of them have this, but my N Axis does, also with micro gaps.

micro gaps pshhhh you crazy!!! I gots me some micro gaps too..... on my black anode. Maybe its the blacks we can see the gap better???

I did get a vector the other day that when i inspected it more the overmold was funky. you clould see the dip in the overmold coming farther down the bead in three different areas of the rim. I took it back to the shop and looked at more. This was the only one that i noticed it on. Then i looked closer and it was really just a small amount of flashing there. a couple rubs with the ol towel and all is good. Of all my new anodes, volts, and the amps i got today, i would have to say they are all almost identical. plh is the same on all my drivers with small amounts of varying dome.

keep up the good work MVP the only separation anxiety i get from MVP is when i cannot find my volt because it flew 50 feet farther than i expected!!!

This must be the norm for MVP discs, or maybe it happens more with Neutron. Either way, I never noticed the gaps before tonight, so it doesn't really matter. It's all good in the 'hood.

I just noticed a slight "separation" on my Proton Ion and remembered this thread, so I just read through it all. Thank god it is not a big deal. The only reason I noticed it was because it landed on some cement and I was checking out the rim to see if it got messed up at all(it didn't).

I just noticed a slight "separation" on my Proton Ion and remembered this thread, so I just read through it all. Thank god it is not a big deal. The only reason I noticed it was because it landed on some cement and I was checking out the rim to see if it got messed up at all(it didn't).
Throw it at the cement at least 75 more times and I bet it will still fly the same. Those ions are tougher than a timex.

^That is what I like to hear. I want this disc(and all my MVP discs)to keep the same flight characteristics as long as possible. That is a big selling point for me. If these discs can do that I will be a happy man!

These discs are as tough as can be. I put the first Ion I bought back in the bag, and it flies just like new. It's not in the least bit understable for my power (275 maxing out at 300), and it's been thrown a lot as both a putter and a driver.

I was worried at first about how the overmold would hold up. It's got some small scrapes and gashes, but compared to the Wizards I used to throw, it looks great. Those Wizards would be thrashed by now (not that a beat Wizard is a bad thing of course). One reason I switched to Ions was that I hoped for a durable disc that would hold it's flight pattern, and that's what I got.

Glad to hear this was cleared up. I have my first MVP disc (Anode) coming in the mail and reading this thread makes me feel confident that I am going to be getting a high quality disc from a reputable company.

The talk of MVP replacing his disc with a brand new disc reminded me of a situation with Nike shoes in the 90's. When Nike had air pockets in their shoes with the little windows, they would replace shoes when the air pockets popped prematurely. You just had to call the customer service number and they would send you a mailing sticker. Ship the shoes back and a month later they would send you a brand new pair of shoes. If they no longer produced your shoe, you would receive a random mystery pair of the same size.

As with anything, people took advantage. They would wear their shoes for a few months, intentionally pop the air pockets, and wait for a new $100 pair of shoes to come in the mail. This probably wouldn't be a problem in disc golf as disc golfers would usually prefer to have their beat disc over a brand new disc but I could see where MVP would want to be cautious in these situations.

Latest posts