• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Share Your Quick Tips

TheBeardedFatGuy

Birdie Member
Disc golf instruction can get pretty complex, and with good reason. This thread is for posting any quick and (relatively) easy to implement tips that you've found helps some aspect of your game. Something others could easily try for themselves today. I'll get the ball rolling.

Drive with the elbow. From the reachback, moving slowly at first, focus on driving your elbow toward your target, like you're elbowing someone standing between you and the target. This helps ensure your forearm and wrist stay on the correct line and catapults the forearm forward, levered around and pulled by the elbow. I get my best snap and distance when I do this.

What's your quick tip?

The biggest tip I can give to beginners (especially for beginning tournament players) is to not stress out about what other players think about you. We were all beginners at this thing at one point!

Think of "pouring the teapot" to help get the nose of the disk down. This helped my game more than any other tip.

Asked a friend for tips for throwing around trees or through double mandatories and he looked at me with a deathly serious face and said," what trees?" Moral of the story is don't spend even a second worrying about whatever obstacle in front of you. Spend your precious focus on hitting that line and nothing else.

I think many beginners need to slow down. They run up fast on drives & have very "jerky" movements. My advice would be...
1 Slow down & be smooth
2 Visualize your shot before you execute

Hyzerflip is for those who can't learn to throw. :|

:D :p

7cc30d524b7096c0f4653088988fb790.gif

Common sense with swords and discs or somebody is going to die. We need to control the chucking in some of these family DG parks. It is a real problem if you can throw 250' to the left or right of the "designed" fairway.

If those wild torque monkeys only knew of the hyzer flip... :p

Don't try to pull the disc sideways or back. Adding to the hit is a push and can't be done without perfect timing. Pulling won't get you there.

Load your hips and shoulders. Do not reachback! Arm is there just to hold the disc. There is no pulling either. Use your loaded hips to bring the arm in. Working around the disc is the right way to say it.

500ft drive doesn't mean you got it, sadly

Latest posts