• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] Shark 3

DJBackhand

Bogey Member
In my quest to rebuild my bag, I'm looking for an overstable mid. Not quite as overstable as a KC Roc, but one that can still handle a headwind if needed. One that would be a go-to of sorts.

I'm thinking a Shark 3 might fit the bill. I've had good experiences with the Shark in the past so why not upgrade?

Does anyone have a Shark 3 and love it/hate it? Is there another mid from Innova like the Shark 3 you would reccomend?

Thanks

I like the Shark3. More reliably overstable than the Roc3, and I personally like the feel of the Shark3 better. Definitely worth trying out.

I feel like the Shark is underrated. It's essentially a beadless Roc. I seem to get cleaner releases with the beadless mids. Perhaps I'm a bit biased since the Shark was my first disc, but I love mine for forehand, backhand, overhand, and even the occasional roller.

PS - The beefiest Shark I've found is a max-weight metal flake!

Love my max weight Shark 3!
When I play a 1 disc round this is my disc of choice. Takes a hard snap no problem and I can get it to go dead straight for about 250ft.
Feels great, nice disc!
I bag 2 Sharks and a Shark 3.

Would a Shark 3 be a good choice to replace my DX Stingray? The DX Stingray even in max weight a DX Stingray will get caught a bit in any wind 15 through to 19 mph but then way more so in winds 20 mph or over.

I imaginär the Shark3 will be nothing like a DX Stingray. Manta much better fit.

Triple, bad connection i guess. How the **** do you delete posts on here?

Last edited:
Would a Shark 3 be a good choice to replace my DX Stingray? The DX Stingray even in max weight a DX Stingray will get caught a bit in any wind 15 through to 19 mph but then way more so in winds 20 mph or over.

You probably just shouldn't be throwing a Stingray into a headwind. You don't need to replace it with anything, you just need to throw a more stable disc in a headwind to get a similar result as you would with the Stingray with no headwind.

Or would that be a Manta from Innova to replace my DX Stingray?

I would think the Stingray would be less overstable than a Shark3. The Stingray will likely not fare well into a headwind, whereas the Shark3 will fight the wind better. The Manta will fly more like the Stingray.

Shark3 is nothing like a stingray. A stingray is an understable disc where the shark 3 is stable with a consistent fade at the end. Great for wind or when needing it to end right.

The best replacement for a Dx Stingray is....

A Dx Stingray. Don't throw it into a headwind. Throw a Shark3 when it's windy. My $.02 Ymmv.

Thanks I throw a Shark already into the wind, I was wondering about the Shark3. I want a disc that has very similar flight path of a Stingray but can fight the wind, can't be a ROC as I can't throw the ROC or ROC like discs The Wasp comes to mind as a disc I can't throw.

Thanks I throw a Shark already into the wind, I was wondering about the Shark3. I want a disc that has very similar flight path of a Stingray but can fight the wind, can't be a ROC as I can't throw the ROC or ROC like discs The Wasp comes to mind as a disc I can't throw.

:wall::doh:

I'm speechless:p