• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Shoes, boots or crocks? did i really just say crocks?

I have been happy with the Bite shoe the past couple of months. Besides the flawless traction, my legs no longer get tired from all of the little muscle corrections on the uneven surface if the woods.

Merrell Moab Mids with GoreTex -- waterproof, excellent support around the ankle, sturdy but not overly heavy, and will take a beating and a half. My only regret is that I only found out about these shoes this past spring.

I just bought my second pair of the low moabs with goretex. Fantastic shoes that really last, my first pair lasted through two years of heavy discing and lots of hiking, and were really quite waterproof for 18 months of that until I wore through the sides of the shoes.

Support vibriam. Merells, keens, n. face. Many of these company's styles (not all) feature vibram soles.

I love my Merrell Cameleons. That is all that I have worn for about 4 years now. They are very comfortable and provide good traction as well as ankle support

Ditto, my Chameleons are holding up very nicely, I want some Vibram 5 fingers like crazy though.

Support vibriam. Merells, keens, n. face. Many of these company's styles (not all) feature vibram soles.

Great point, vibram is a big sponsor of disc golf, and they're absolutely some of the best soles on the market in terms of durability and grip.

I like the idea of the Vibriam shoes but my only concern is that the soles would wear through quickly. Also, since I live in MI they would be too cold for winter right? IS most of the footwear people are describing good for winter? I have never played much in the winter but I want to play through the winter this year.

I wear Chuck Taylors pretty much exclusively, no matter what I'm doing, including disc golf. I wouldn't recommend them for discing though, they don't grip well in wet grass, but otherwise they are fine. I'm just not going to guy buy special shoes to play DG, so I wear what I wear for most all other occasions!

I like the idea of the Vibriam shoes but my only concern is that the soles would wear through quickly. Also, since I live in MI they would be too cold for winter right? IS most of the footwear people are describing good for winter? I have never played much in the winter but I want to play through the winter this year.

I wear my Merrells with a good pair of smartwool socks, and my feet don't get cold until about 4 hours out in 5-10 degree weather.

I'll punch anyone who shows up on course with Crocs ... are you serious?

it must be terribly sad to live in a world where someone's choice of footwear compels you to violence. if you really want to punch me just wait til I beat you by 5 strokes and am a total jackass about it.

Yeah im not going to pay boo koo bucks either. I think waterproof socks would be better with standard shoes lke any trail or sports shoe versus 130 for a pair that will probably last not much longer then the walmart clearance isle for 28 bucks and if so you got 4 more pair to be even. I didnt notice anyone saying they wore actual golf shoes. I seen some adidas for 25 bucks and they were coolmax but dont know about the cleet part and concrete tee pads.

I wear and old pair of Asics running shoes. I generally just bring extra socks and let my feet get wet. When its cold I double up thick socks.

In the hottest part of summer I wear flip flops and just take them off to drive.

those five fingers look sick. I dont know how smart it would be to try to get some online without a proper fitting I play off mainly concrete so I dont know about the soles lasting either. I cant afford a benjamin for a pair of disc golf shoes. I have the new balance 640s i believe and as far as toe box and arch support I like them fairly well. Sketchers I had blew out in one day. I did what former posters on this thread and water proofed the bejezus out of them and now looking at a pair for next season.

i dont know about vibram shoes, but the best pair of shoes i have, my merrells with vibram soles have lasted for 2.5 yrs and look to last much longer. they are not as sleek and cool looking as my 3 pairs of solomans. but all three pairs of sols are shredded :(

those vibram five toe/finger whatever things, seems like they would have no ankle support.

Last edited:

Latest posts