• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Should The Baskets From The Putting Park Be Added To The Home Page Hole/Basket count?

mmueller

Bogey Member
At Haybro Redtail we are excited about our new Putting Park. We dedicated a couple of secluded acres within the 18 hole course to the Redtail Putting Park, where players will find 9 Dynamic Disc Marksman baskets strategically placed in mountainous terrain and vegetation. There are no tee pads or strict rules about layout or direction of play. We generally take a big stack of putters and move around through the park practicing different lines and putting styles.

I have added information on the home page description for Redtail. Should I also add the 9 baskets to the Holes/Baskets: count on Course Details section? Some courses include practice baskets in this count and some don't. Is there a right way to to that?

Thanks,
Mark

0ixjXRZzyEhIT659seMtfgI_Qv6yLDvVX5-AwIB6sIKG9vgpvVOg8gLx9yZjjOSPQivYeXdpRSb0IuTy4gIVRr6QqoJgUjeTnCuB8Rw788TGqKZUplO35Tvq63VmY74NNg9MorHEA0j1mzM1XGNqyrH99yr668beyMHOFsW8f3p56Te2Gji6cqagkPQtMmc7j2hFSOH1Q9CG6oNvdK1c1_Onzed_FVvt7B0w319sdWPUOBR255IQR-AotZjpZ2ySjrAHUzRjdiOjJwfWAq6aiZKYQIdZmUcWiCh3JMqO8vJ-a1u6FOpo2taz9YIPDIvztw7LROFOL24c2OYEjAASI6k4S5PIeWHgd0CT6g-yLcK9YNSmk0SIK7VQ-2SRTGQRQhszFHOf-ZCm6GfAmTao8DDvtyviuTNCdpS6qlA2xyxT9QBeQHwEQLLXcjREh7NybrnTuRmK8EIEiAJYFjcrBflxDgPLNlSeOdIfh_QZIDfpm2Mj1xbMNYmrzHd5qLaJ8SppP_EeSzVaWd91Iv8KaUwKaMMdcjtgcSuHAIazjoTvGhGTvJJTVZCwFFKfp_qc131mqe3VtL__H2QnRjb7c5F4GXM0Iw8s2wwA7X2_mm7qjUVEYKpYJr2YD9IcoLH9pRvGXvSYFz7NPWe5FIwG3adX8bNmVbxdPeUg27doww=w1395-h802-no

xctnW2kCl92M-EULPrLr34lrrj5vnWuHEDi1GoyjaOjlip96qmSqq1MJ-HuaqbuOIrLo-a95Hm9V_oihnaPFiDEUXVf8fwX8JhpDd3U_-Mod_c3PIicv0_km04QpThOgo5XO8neSpUBIkxxqMilTvRdrH65JkhPIjO7OuQxJtd_Sza54ZjpkqAUcVYOJ2U2JfeO79WUIf1eBcjviLoaUXUL_prZSb0ysIzJ7ggCHw_lblIDTiee4Dv688kuuTWujmY0WOElYs-sInvrptgQVMj671eCjE42Tr9lhQreXtI1Lqob8XghArBe3h-7U0OEZv8MdG9jwqPC5acVJ0OczuhKsD_pdTJwbGXlpL5C4QkjEYupO0gvMARJj_7Wd3O3VXxXMvBCAiY5q_LoR4Q1vzh3LoewFWhIWkSBcN-FODRL4M7KtItYXzqsI0CyB5Ouy3h7XTWsk73B9uylvGLMkjtrcCaALXs74VwLFxXfSMYEsRff_ZLXKXZSFJSv0EnlqRkJeW5j0qYKT3s5HEustanxo_Yt0IMj_3XaBV_r0-srIUbXc87DDJkKmv7yvtyF2tkQ8CVw1JAtHlU55j9f9Gzu-v8BbQNuI5QtwQbfqlx1BAoGayhRCa0N7Uv7F53eCONxT4BoMfgJCBiTB5aFEeiYL255gCOqHRXCoLM8o3g=w698-h802-no

Looks fun, but in reality putting practice gets boring and feels like a chore after about 5 minutes of it.

I'd just mention it in the description. Practice baskets generally shouldn't be added to the "official" basket count of a course. If you turn it into a legit putting course with tees and stuff later, maybe add that. Or add it as a separate practice area if you want. Although I think mentioning it in the description should suffice.

Safari putting cool... I see that the 18 hole Redtail course has Discatchers and was wondering if practicing on the Marksman helps improve your putting on the discatchers.

Why not add a new separate listing as a Practice Area?

Looks fun, but in reality putting practice gets boring and feels like a chore after about 5 minutes of it.

That's the idea. The Park makes it a lot less boring and mundane for people who want to get in some regular practice and it's easy to match any putting condition that you will run into on the regular course.

Safari putting cool... I see that the 18 hole Redtail course has Discatchers and was wondering if practicing on the Marksman helps improve your putting on the discatchers.

So far I have found it to be a huge help. The Discatchers are much more forgiving while the Marksmans demand much better technique. I don't know of anything yet that the Marksman will catch but the Discatcher will miss. Even the boost in confidence when you go back to putting with the Discatcher helps.

The biggest difference though is that I spend a lot more time practicing my putting because the Putting Park is so much more interesting and less monotonous than putting into the same basket for hours on end.