• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Side view down X-step line

seedlings

* Ace Member *
attachment.php

It seems like all the rear-view throws are filmed straight down the teepad. I'm looking for some good throws that are filmed down the x-step line. Straight down the teepad, or line-of-throw, is not like a rear view, but a 3/4 side-rear view.

Attachments

• E4ACA3BC-776A-4905-991B-85DF53F9E27B.jpg
    E4ACA3BC-776A-4905-991B-85DF53F9E27B.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 142
^ She has this awesome inline stride and hopping form with a compact pendulum rock. Also an incredibly clean and fast weight shift. I like looking at hers and Feldberg's as sort of minimalist form prototypes.

Slightly different angle but I like this one of Paul:

nTrLD4S.jpg

Paige:

fPG2ep4.jpg

Last edited:
Nearly 90-degree view of Tattar at ~20s, but feet are cut off. She remains fairly compressed into the front leg on some shots like Kuoksa does on upshots:

And gets fully posted up on others:

The Overthrow rear views are filmed with the player going right to left through the frame (like the Paul image). I want some where the player is in nearly the same position in the frame, indicating the player is x-stepping directly away from the camera.

^ She has this awesome inline stride and hopping form with a compact pendulum rock. Also an incredibly clean and fast weight shift. I like looking at hers and Feldberg's as sort of minimalist form prototypes.

I had a convo with JRay about this at one time.

Not about Tattar, but ladies swings.

There is a "ladies" form and "mens" form.

The ladies form, they claim, is because they got the boobages and they get in the way blah blah blah.
And brain just shut off.
Vallery Jenkins says "yeah okay whatever" and crushed normally.

Tattar has a form like that, and its absolutely beautiful. Just so elegant leading into this insane explosion of power and speed using every part of her body to drive the disc and just create insane power.

VS looking at the more leveraged throw of players like Rebecca Cox, Kona Panis and such. Where its more of a round.

Paige has some really weird form, but it gives her power. I Think she's mixing somewhere in between.

While that leveraged style throw that players like Cox and such use which is basically like a really lagged style throw, it works, somewhat, but you're looking for shoulder trouble.
And their excuse as to cleaning up their mid swing is the bumps there up front.

Uhh.
Anyone ever look at Val? hahaha.

Sorry, more of a funny serious reply here.

I love watching Tattar throw. It's inspiring and beautiful.

I don't find as much joy in watching paige throw, cause it's so violent and so crude.

crude is not a word I would use to describe her form.
I know right? IMO she has the cleanest form in FPO. She really gets everything shifted onto the front leg before swinging forward, which is about 70% of the disc golf throw.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk