• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Silly Technical Mistakes

the1discChallenge

Eagle Member
What are some of the silly, stupid mistakes you guys make? For me, I always forget to breathe when I putt...I wonder why I miss putts, remember to breathe, and I'm fine. Another big one for me is to actually hold onto the disc when I throw...I always have the disc come out early, remember to actually grip the damn disc, and them I'm fine off the tee.:doh:

What are your mistakes?

My biggest technical f ups are while putting. If i don't finish high I miss low, every time. I know this, at least twice a round I clang a really dumb easy putt of the front rim because my hand never extended after my release. Drives me bonkers.

My biggest technical f ups are while putting. If i don't finish high I miss low, every time. I know this, at least twice a round I clang a really dumb easy putt of the front rim because my hand never extended after my release. Drives me bonkers.

That's another big one for me...turns out you actually have to throw at the basket for it to go in :\ Putting is the worst part of my game, for sure...

That's another big one for me...turns out you actually have to throw at the basket for it to go in :\ Putting is the worst part of my game, for sure...

You're not alone. It's sad getting to within 20 feet either via drive or upshot and tanking a damn putt. Drives me insane. I've been putting at the house every day, and I'm seeing improvements, but sure wish it'd come along quicker.

My biggest technical flaw is not sticking with a putter and putting style, which is likely why my putting is so random. Some days I straddle, other days I'm not, some days I spin, some days it's more of a spush.

What are some of the silly, stupid mistakes you guys make? For me, I always forget to breathe when I putt...I wonder why I miss putts, remember to breathe, and I'm fine. Another big one for me is to actually hold onto the disc when I throw...I always have the disc come out early, remember to actually grip the damn disc, and them I'm fine off the tee.:doh:

What are your mistakes?

It is best for my game if I don't focus on mistakes. Sure they happen, but it isn't helpful to dwell on them. Play the next shot then best you can.

Not warming up.

It's the #1 screw up for me. Show up with too little time, putt 4 or 5 at the practice basket, step on the teepad.

Its a recipe for terrible.

...Another big one for me is to actually hold onto the disc when I throw...I always have the disc come out early, remember to actually grip the damn disc, and them I'm fine off the tee.:doh:

What are your mistakes?

This.

My mantra is "Don't let go until you let go." Works sometimes.

Not warming up.

It's the #1 screw up for me. Show up with too little time, putt 4 or 5 at the practice basket, step on the teepad.

I've been trying to get better at this. I used to never play without a solid 20ish minute warm-up. But I got away from that. Appearantly these days id rather not be able to throw hard until the 6th hole. :wall:

If i don't finish high I miss low, every time. I know this, at least twice a round I clang a really dumb easy putt of the front rim because my hand never extended after my release.

I didn't even realize this was a thing... but looking back, the longest putts I have ever made went in while my arm was pointing to the sky. Pbmercil, you may have just helped my "near the circle" game tremendously.

For me, my backhand is still hit or miss, so I don't have big expectations and don't notice repeat errors although I'm sure they exist. With my forehand, I need to remember to follow through "level" and get my palm upward. Some of my big mistakes recently come when I follow through too high. This results in a big forehand hyzer that typically goes OB if any OB is to be found.

On high power shots, I tend to whip my shoulders through too quickly and end up throwing 30 degrees right of the line I had in mind.

I'm having trouble with griping the disc hard at the hit when I throw for distance. I can't get the timing down or sometimes I just don't do it at all. I played two rounds yesterday and only executed this properly one time.

Strong Arming (putting torque on discs :(..), early release, grip-lock, and the worst is not stancing up really well when putting and missing something I know I can hit 9/10 times.

I'm having trouble with griping the disc hard at the hit when I throw for distance. I can't get the timing down or sometimes I just don't do it at all. I played two rounds yesterday and only executed this properly one time.

Pinch the flight plate and rim not pull it into your palm w/fingers. Its a huge problem for a lot of players and grip regardless of the style. Think of it like holding a pencil or fork.

Not warming up.

This. I tend to show up with plans for a thorough warmup and then get drawn into starting play after a couple of minutes. Takes about 9 holes to then get ready to play...d'oh!

That's really not the way to do things.

Not sure how much of a "technical mistake" it is, but my game definitely suffers when I overthink form issues or nuances. Need to just relax and trust my game.

Time after time, tournament after tournament, not taking into consideration the resulting wind direction of my putt BEFORE throwing my upshot.

Thinking I need to correct the direction of my shot when I'm just starting my pull. Rarely does anything good happen ... sigh

. Another big one for me is to actually hold onto the disc when I throw...I always have the disc come out early, remember to actually grip the damn disc, and them I'm fine off the tee.:doh:

What are your mistakes?

This has been plaguing me a lot recently, too.

I have about 13 flaws in my throwing motion, and I don't seem to be able to corral more than 8 of them at one time. Like bumps in a rug, if I concentrate and solve one, another pops up.

I should do a video. "See this guy driving only 260'? Here are the reasons...."