• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Single Disc Rounds

In this situation, a mid-range, probably a Buzzz.

I play a lot of 1- and 2-disc rounds with just about any disc I own....but more to see what I can make a given disc do, than the quality of the result.

I have a disc stamped R-Pro Roc that the mold looks suspiciously like an Aurora MS... definitely not a Roc. It's great for one disc rounds because it's basically a fast putter. If it's a short course, Opto Pure for sure.

man...I love 1 disc rounds! Always a putter or a mid. Just a great way to fine tune your game. Everyone should do this at least 1-2 times a month.

I don't end up having the discipline to do one disc rounds. I like throwing too many discs. I typically throw a Z Buzzz for my one disc rounds, sometimes throwing a one disc Buzzz round against my entire bag. That can be fun. As others have said, if you're only bringing one disc when you travel, you're missing out.

So Z Buzzz is my definite favorite. It gets used forehand, backhand, and is a surprisingly good putter. Others I'd be tempted to use: Star Teebird, Z Hornet, KC Aviar, any plastic Ion, beefy Comet (e.g. Ti), Opto Pure.

I play two disc rounds regularly. If I have to whittle it down to just one, it would be either an Alias or an Anode. Both are about the same for me in terms of fun factor and score.

I can drive the Anode almost as far as the Alias in wooded courses and it shapes a little better for approaches.

I can putt the Alias almost as well as the Anode and it powers down nicely. Coin flip.

X Comet or maybe a Core which I am throwing more and more these days. Both can hold different lines and I've drained some long putts with them.

I did a fun one with a Firebird the other day. Wouldn't have tried it without nesessity but it was a ton of fun.

My vacations always include disc golf.... For 1 disc rounds I would use an Mvp Atom. I putt and approach with it and honestly score about the same in 1 disc rounds with that as I do a full bag. Pure would be my alternate choice, very similar disc.

Most of my one-disc rounds are with a Classic Aviar. Other discs I like for one-disc rounds:

Aviar (P&A, KC, Yeti)
Roc
Roc3
Mako3
Comet
Buzzz
EMac Truth
Shield
Pure
Wizard
P2

It's not really a good idea to throw a very reliable disc in 1-disc rounds---a midrange or throwing putter, whatever works best for you.

You run the risk of scoring as well as you do with your full bag.

And then risk nagging doubts as to whether you really need all that plastic....

I would likely bring an UltraStar. If my vacation has a disc golf course near it, I would bring a handful of discs, but it is more likely to not have a course around. The lid lets me throw at trees and play some catch with Mrs. ru4por.

I always use a putter. I recently played a round with a mid-range disc and it ruined my putting form for a couple weeks after. Which is basically because I'm not very good. But still.

Probably a Medium Ridge... if I'm playing one disc with a course that has holes over 300 feet or so probably a Glo FLX Buzzz

Latest posts