• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Slimming down

Baseballadp

Birdie Member
Hi, I know I have too many discs, and I like all of them. I need to get rid of some so they all fit in my bag (lol). I have a few unpopular molds I like and some popular molds I like. I've got a disc for just about every shot, but to slim down, I want to know which shots I am covered and which I'm not. Now for my bag. I don't need ridiculous hate on any of the discs, saying you dislike it is fine, but I don't need a ton of criticism for throwing it.

Putters:
max dx aviar and 150 dx aviar: alright, don't love or hate; prefer the lighter one
Blowfly 2: great for upshots and floats; decent putter
168 legacy clutch: fav putter
Soft magnet: other fav putter
First run hunter: new, but I like it so far
Hydra: for water holes (I hate losing discs)
Xt nova: my fav approach disc; thrown nearly every hole

Mid ranges
star roc3: great
Champ roc3: might be my fav disc; perfect stability and consistent
Star mako3: another fav contender; great for straight shots and approaches

Drivers
Glow phenom: straight and glows pretty good
Glow valk: love it
Pinnacle bandit: valk but not as good
Champ groove: new; not thrown yet
G star thunderbirds: new not thrown; very slim chance of taking them out
Mystere: know nothing about; feels good though
Pinnacle rivals: one overstable and one less overstable
Champ desttoyer: really overstable
12x firebird: not thrown; probably gonna be a good forehand disc though
Star Vulcan: not thrown; don't know
Aftermath: very under stable on forehand drives
Star tee devil: not thrown and don't know
Dx valk: very beat; first disc and I can do anything with it
Dx teebird: good backhand distance
Light star destroyer: good for nice long s shots
11x teebird: great max distance on the backhand; predictable

So what discs do I not need, and what would be some good ones for shots I can't cover. Thanks. That was 29 discs, probably slimming down to 25ish. (Unless somebody wants a trooper bag for a grip bag or similar, lol)

Last edited:
Putters: What do you putt with the best?
Love the nova, and hydra for only water holes. 9 putt is a little much...try a putting contest to see which one has the best percentage of makes from 15 and 30 ft. Look for 2 putting putters and 1 that sticks flys straight and 1 that is OS.

Mids: Looks great!!! Keeping it simple. Possibly could just cycle Roc3s in different wears or Plastics.

Drivers: maybe stick to the Thunderbird, firebird and 11x and dx teebird.

How far do you throw?

I throw 300 feet on a good day with my valk and teebirds. I can get a forehand destroyer out to probably 330. The valks and rivals will probably stay (rivals are teebirds). Otherwise, I will check how my other discs throw to see. I had my furthest back hand with the dx valk and my furthest forehand with the aftermath even though it's a little touchy.

DG

With getting 300 ft of Distance I would try to use 9 speed discs (fairways) and under to work on form and arm speed. It will be hard to see the expected flight path if the disc doesn't reach its desired speed. Definitely having forehand only discs and backhand ones can be a plus. Ex Nate sexton bags 3 runs glow Firebirds each one have a different feel/ stiffness.

Yeah. All my 9 and lower are backhand or forehand and anything more than 11 for forehands. Also, what is a good overstable putter. I would need to be able to trade (slimming down remember) right now I use my mako3 or roc3 in wind. My mako3 is probably my favorite putter (another lol)

Lots of OS options...Aviar3, Aviarx3, Pig, Ryhno, Zone to name a few...I use the zone due to its flatness and ability to do BH and FH. Might need to go to a local store and see which one feels good in your hands. I would also try to use a putter to putt with but whatever works keep doing.

Putters: Sounds like you enjoy the Clutch and Nova best, so I'd say just stick with those molds.

Mids: Your lineup looks fine. If you have overlap between the star and champ Roc3, then you can just drop the star. It sounds like the champ is working great for you.

Drivers: I'd suggest going Rivals (or Teebirds), Valks, and Firebirds at the distances you are throwing. Those three molds should cover most of the lines you will need.

If it were me pretending to be you:

Putters
Clutch, nova (forget about water, just throw all the way over it)

Mids
No change (I'd throw that lineup)

Drivers
Rivals, maybe the firebird

That's it. Really, don't play with more than that until you have played enough to think "I really wish I had a disc that did (x) better than what I normally use for that shot" then maybe consider adding something in.

Thanks. I also need a few forehand discs that can withstand my forehand. I don5 get it far, but I throw it pretty hard. Only reason I carry some destroyers.

Putters:
Putting putters: 2 clutches (pinnacle and icon)
Upshot putter: nova (xt)
Water hole putter: hydra (r pro)
Uphill putter: blowfly 2

Midranges:
Straight to under stable mid: mako3 (star)
Alll lines: 2 roc3 (star and champ)

Fairway drivers:
Slightly OS: rival (pinnacle honey bee run)
Dead straight: 2 teebird (11x and dx)

Distance drivers:
All lines: 3 valks (sandstrom Star valk, champ glow valk, dx valk)
OS control: 3 thunderbirds (2 gstar thunderbirds, koling thunderbird)
OS forehand: destroyer (star)
US forehand: aftermath (pinnacle)
US distance and water: wahoo (r pro)

I don't need them, but I take them in and out depending on the course. Same with a glow phenom for night rounds and a pinnacle bandit for wooded courses.

Turns out the blowfly floats, so I don't need the hydra (although it is a good driving putter).

Turns out the blowfly floats, so I don't need the hydra (although it is a good driving putter).

if i was playing with you and there was no wind and your dumb floaty disc is in the middle and youre waiting for your $8 plastic frisbee to float to shore im leaving you

and this was said nicely and within dgcr guidelines

yeah theyre called dx found lost and found discs

I'm just saying maybe carry a pro or dx version of a mold he's already using for water

if i was playing with you and there was no wind and your dumb floaty disc is in the middle and youre waiting for your $8 plastic frisbee to float to shore im leaving you

and this was said nicely and within dgcr guidelines

Lol :clap:

Putters:
Putting putters: 2 clutches (pinnacle and icon)
Upshot putter: nova (xt)
Water hole putter: hydra (r pro)
Uphill putter: blowfly 2

Midranges:
Straight to under stable mid: mako3 (star)
Alll lines: 2 roc3 (star and champ)

Fairway drivers:
Slightly OS: rival (pinnacle honey bee run)
Dead straight: 2 teebird (11x and dx)

Distance drivers:
All lines: 3 valks (sandstrom Star valk, champ glow valk, dx valk)
OS control: 3 thunderbirds (2 gstar thunderbirds, koling thunderbird)
OS forehand: destroyer (star)
US forehand: aftermath (pinnacle)
US distance and water: wahoo (r pro)

What is the difference for you between the Koling ThB and the Sexton FB? BTW the DX Roc fits nicely into my lineup, being more US than the Mako3 which surprises me as to why you didn't like it, and it has nearly gotten me 2 aces so far. What do you use for short anny approaches?

Latest posts