• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Slimming down

Nova for short anny. I just got the Koling and Sexton birds so I cannot say yet. I didn't love the feel of the roc, that's all. Mako3 is also US enough to cover every shot I need (because I play rhfh and rhbh so I can just switch)

So, I'm forced to play lhbh for a little. I get surprising distance (about 85% of my average righty throw on a really good lefty throw) but forfeit a little bit of consistency. It's not terrible. I took all my molds to the field for testing and there were some surprises.
Teebirds-long in tailwind and headwind most consistent lefty
Thunderbirds-nothing in tailwind, 90' farther than everything else in a headwind
Firebird-did firebird things
Phenom-surprisingly far, was taken out of my bag but got my farthest tailwind drive, about 300 feet (near my new righty throws) long turnovers in headwind
Valks-great distance but not consistent in wind
Didn't throw mids, I know mine like the back of my hand
Putters
Rat was dead straight in both, maybe even flippy and it was the first time thrown, felt good and flew nice but not what I was expecting
Clutches- did everything I wanted
Nova- stook up to the headwind the best of the putters besides the rat

Latest posts