• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

slower fairway driver?

You had the same "surprise" I did when I first started to throw an Eagle. You don't need much power to get a lot of distance. My step down from an Eagle is my slightly beat ESP Ace Race Hornet and an ESP Comet. I throw a champ Leopard also, but mainly for uphill shots.

Lol, you shouldn't be throwing 90-100% power every throw.... I learned that quickly xD

Last edited:
A Gremlin is a stable disc that falls somewhere in between a mid and a fairway driver.

After looking over your bag, I would suggest a max weight firebird, a champ gator and a rhyno. Gator is a speed 5 and would be similar to your firebird. Also a max weight firebird may help kill some of the distance you don't want.

Stalker. It's not necessarily Slower, but it doesn't have 400' in it, yet still is further than a mid. Oh, and it has a driver rim. I can throw mine from anywhere between 280'-350' (Though anything under 300 is generally a mid throw).

It seems like the main theme of this thread is that distance is determined by disc speed rating.
To say that you need something between a 5 and a 9 may not be completely accurate.
Doesn't speed just indicate the level required to attain optimum performance?
You've already said that your speed 7 Eagle flies farther than your speed 9 Firebird, yet you are still looking for something in the 6-7 range.
Instead, maybe you need a 4-5 speed disc with more glide.
Or maybe a 9-10 with more HSS?

Why is it you don't like to throw between 60-80% power?
Seems like if you have a disc that you are comfortable and familiar with, it might just be better to take a little off.
That's just me.
Do whatever you like.

If you can throw 400 feet with an eagle, you should probably be able to hit around 315 with a buzzz...

Rather than keep reading through this, I'm just going to agree with the post on the first page telling the OP to get a Gazelle. I can outdrive my Teebird with a Gazelle sometimes, but it usually comes up a tiny bit shorter... Which is what you're looking for. Try one.

Latest posts