• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

slower fairway driver?

Try a Discmania GM or Gremlin. I find that as an Eagle thrower on almost all drives the GM fills the gap nicely while being really easy to control.

T-Mart

Gremlin all day and you can put this thread to bed.

Btw big jerm should be playing doubles tonight before the rfdo so if I get a chance to talk to him ill ask him if he can 100% power his buzzz without oat and report back tomorrow.

Most people can't forearm mids so well. I kind of agree with tmart. If forehanding smooth was so simple then why is it everyone uses overstable discs as their forearm disc. I can throw an eagle 330ish but can't get a mid over 200. I know the disc golf gods on here can all throw putters 400 and drivers 600. But consider the average guy that doesn't want to dedicate his life to throwing forehand with zero oat..oh and the i love the banshee! kudos to those that suggest discs that can handle a little oat instead of just saying start throwing perfect

Why are you telling me I have to learn to throw mids 100% power with no OAT then?

Just calm down, man. He was just trying to help. No need to get super defensive and start attacking people because you don't agree with their point of view/opinion. That is the beauty of this site: people can express their opinions without being attacked and berated for it (usually).

Don't make a thread asking for advice if you're going to attack the people that try to help you. No one was trying to upset you, so just move past it and disregard that piece of advice that you didn't agree with.

Just calm down, man. He was just trying to help. No need to get super defensive and start attacking people because you don't agree with their point of view/opinion. That is the beauty of this site: people can express their opinions without being attacked and berated for it (usually).

Don't make a thread asking for advice if you're going to attack the people that try to help you. No one was trying to upset you, so just move past it and disregard that piece of advice that you didn't agree with.

He blatently denied giving the advice I was asking for and told me I was in the wrong to be asking it in the first place and then started telling me I have throwing issues. You would take offense to that too.

It's like if you ask your friend what color car to buy and he says "You shouldnt' be buying a Camry, I think you should buy an SUV because it's safer" only in this scenario it's not my friend it's some random guy who doesn't want to give an answer to my question. Reminds me of when I was in the airport waiting on a flight delay yesterday and a 90 year old man walks up to me while I'm on my laptop and says "you should be using an apple because they don't get viruses." You know what I told him? "I haven't had a virus in 15 years, so I'll keep my PC, thanks."

Last edited:
I think there is a misconception on what the speed rating means. That number merely indicates on a scale of 1-13 (or 14...) how fast you have to throw that disc to make it match the other flight numbers. Just because a disc has a higher speed rating doesn't mean that it goes further. If you throw your spider the same speed you throw your nuke, one of the two won't match its flight numbers (either the Nuke won't have enough power or the Spider will have too much).
It looks like you are throwing a Spider which is a very slow mid (almost putter slow) and comparing your mids to a Firebird. I see you have a warped wing Buzzz. Try getting one that doesn't have a warped wing and see if that disc, being a faster mid can fit in that slot. I play both forehand and backhand, so I can appreciate your struggle to throw FH full strength with no OAT. It is possible, but not easy. You have to keep working on that aspect of your game if you want to be able to be a complete player.
Lastly, I'd encourage you to relax a little. You asked for help and there are people offering what they know in order to help you improve your game. Swearing at them probably isn't the best way to thank them. If you disagree, or feel that they've made a comment that doesn't apply, you can ignore it, ask for clarification, or even try to clarify where you're coming from, but telling somebody who's trying to help you to gtfo doesn't make anybody else want to help you.

Why are you telling me I have to learn to throw mids 100% power with no OAT then?

Though I didn't specifically say that, I actually meant that throwing smoother means not throwing so hard. Smooth irons out OATs as well.

I've really never posted anything on here to be purposely inflammatory, just giving you my opinions on how to help in the long run.

In the post that made you so mad, I even said that getting something in between like a stalker isn't necessarily a bad thing, and that maybe you should look into throwing a z wasp in your midrange slot to try and help there too.

Last edited:
He blatently denied giving the advice I was asking for and told me I was in the wrong to be asking it in the first place and then started telling me I have throwing issues. You would take offense to that too.

All he said was maybe it's not a disc problem, and potentially a minor form flaw. Also, he did give a couple disc suggestions, which DIRECTLY ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION, so I don't know where you are getting that he "blatantly denied giving the advice you were asking for."

Something else is wrong in this equation...if you're throwing eagles 400' then there is no reason why you shouldn't be throwing midranges 340'ish. I throw dx teebirds in the 400' range, and have no problems throwing putters 300' and midranges 330'+.

But, if what you say is actually true, then try a cyclone, stalker, or gazelle. And quit trying to throw so hard all the time.

All he said was maybe it's not a disc problem, and potentially a minor form flaw. Also, he did give a couple disc suggestions, which DIRECTLY ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION, so I don't know where you are getting that he "blatantly denied giving the advice you were asking for."

There was no form flaw why can't you understand this? He told me if I throw an eagle 400ft then I shouldn't look for a disc between my axis and my firebird, instead I should learn how to throw a buzzz 350 ft. He was also accusing me of trying to cover up some imaginary OAT which I don't have by looking for a new disc. This was all in his first post, where he introduced himself by saying my OP didn't make sense.

Last edited:
Tmart. let's play a round sometime in the next week. I have a few mids that were suggested (Warship and Wasps) that you could give a toss and see if you like. PM me and we can get together at Parma or Chili.

There was no form flaw why can't you understand this? He told me if I throw an eagle 400ft then I shouldn't look for a disc between my axis and my firebird, instead I should learn how to throw a buzzz 350 ft. He was also accusing me of trying to cover up some imaginary OAT which I don't have by looking for a new disc. This was all in his first post, where he introduced himself by saying my OP didn't make sense.

99% of your successes throwing a specific disc are due to your throw. 99% of your failures with a specific disc are due to your throw.

I don't think your memory for what I posted is working correctly.

99% of your successes throwing a specific disc are due to your throw. 99% of your failures with a specific disc are due to your throw.

You miss 100% of the shots you never take....

Excuse me for wanting to find a disc between a buzzz and a firebird.

Thanks to all who gave me answers to my question, you've all been helpful.

Tmart. let's play a round sometime in the next week. I have a few mids that were suggested (Warship and Wasps) that you could give a toss and see if you like. PM me and we can get together at Parma or Chili.

Sounds good, PM me and let me know who you are though =P It will probably have to be Chili I'm too far away from Parma to play it on a weekday, that and Parma kicks my ass.

Last edited:
Jeremy will tell you to learn a back hand and that smooth is far. Crushing flex shots with a firebird 400 is cool. But watching someone flick stable discs straight 350 is also nice!

Latest posts