• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Smoke the chains with a Roach

How are the Big Z's breaking in?

Looking to try one out for a driving putter.

They take some time. Very similar to ESP Buzzz's. It will hyzer flip if given the right power but if I back off it I'll get some hyzer.

What plastic blend are these?

I thought SuperColor was always done on ESP, but the ones they ran for the 2018 USADGC were Ti:
titanium_buzzz_full_foil_2018_usadgc_sk.png

I throw a couple BigZ's along with the one Ti Roach I have left. Big Z feels nicer, but the Ti has the stability I like.

My Big Z Roach is absolute fire in the woods. It's so easy to cover straight, hyzer or anhyzer lines. Just trying to spread the word. If you don't like the bug stamp, just wipe it like I do. Don't judge a book by it's cover or a disc by it's stamp. Putting everyone on notice about this great thrower.

Finally got a Roach, bright pink 173-174g JB...feels great in the hand, much better than the 150g AR protos I threw in the event.

Starting to vibe with my D Roach for putting. Hit about a 65' jumper yesterday and another from about 40'. Didn't hit every putt in close but was pretty hot overall. Starting to figure some things out and I have more confidence in the Roach than any putter I've tried.

I love the D plastic in colder weather. Y'all keep hating on it so it keeps the price cheap. Been bagging the same one about 3 months and it's taken some damage but holding up fine. A little heat from a lighter smooths out most of the bigger scuffs.

I like this disc...the JB was a bit more HSS than I was expecting, which isn't a bad thing. Nice and straight on some good 200-250 rips. It's like an updated Magnet.

How would a big Z roach compare to a lucid pure? I've been moving away from the voodoo to the pure for short upshots and drives, probably up to 250 or so.

How would a big Z roach compare to a lucid pure? I've been moving away from the voodoo to the pure for short upshots and drives, probably up to 250 or so.

When I putted a Mercy, I'd occasionally mess with Pures, and I'd say they are comparable to Roaches, but Pures are shallower and a touch more stable.

Between Ti and Big Z what is the best premo Roach right now?

I just got a couple Ti and have one Big Z and the flight is basically the same. I slightly prefer the grip/feel of the Big Z. I also prefer the slight puddle top on the Big Z, one Ti is flat after the shoulder and one has a tiny dome.

In summary, Big Z by a nose for me.

I just got a couple Ti and have one Big Z and the flight is basically the same. I slightly prefer the grip/feel of the Big Z. I also prefer the slight puddle top on the Big Z, one Ti is flat after the shoulder and one has a tiny dome.

In summary, Big Z by a nose for me.

Big Z it is...I'd be after one that's a similar profile to the JB. Going to be a fun off season testing the Roach out for next year.

Thinking about adding a Jawbreaker Roach as a thrower. I play a lot of wooded courses & need a hyzer-flip putter to throw. How does Jawbreaker hold up? I don't have a lot of experience with mid-grade plastics as throwers.

Not great. My 2-3 year old putting Roach recently got perforated on a basket. Still better than pro D, though.

Thinking about adding a Jawbreaker Roach as a thrower. I play a lot of wooded courses & need a hyzer-flip putter to throw. How does Jawbreaker hold up? I don't have a lot of experience with mid-grade plastics as throwers.

Agree that it's not great but most of the courses I play are more open. Had a JB in the bag for about 4 months and it's flippier but little damage. I rarely throw it full power so it hasn't taken many major collisions. Definitely nice for hyzer flips and turning approaches. Have thrown some sweet anny flicks with it.

Ymmv in heavy woods.