• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Snap & "The Hit"

JJantzi

When i drive for max D or sometimes just for a normal drive i will often hear a "snap" as if i was actually snapping. Does this mean i have too tight of a grip or just a really good hit?

Uh, I think that means you're doing something right.

if you're hearing the snap and the drive is really good, it sounds like you're definitely doing something right. does anything hurt when there is a snap?

If the snap is a result of the fingers hitting the palm of your hand, as opposed to a snap in your wrist or elbow, than that is good.;)

I think the snap is coming from my fingers hitting the palm of my hand. And no nothing hurts me when this happens.

One time I heard a "snap" on one of my drives. I was pretty stocked about it. Turns out I had just stepped on a stick...

I actually got "the snap" once last year and everyone I was playing with just looked at me like "WTH was THAT?????", then we all turned and watched the disc sail waaay down the fairway! I was stunned, to say the least.

Just got the Vibram 08 dvd in the disc exchange. You want snap? Watch/listen to Val Jenkins drive! It literally sounds like a branch snaps when she throws EVERY TIME.

It is very impressive.

I actually got "the snap" once last year and everyone I was playing with just looked at me like "WTH was THAT?????", then we all turned and watched the disc sail waaay down the fairway! I was stunned, to say the least.

Feels good doesnt it? Its like hiting a ball pure in regular golf

I was reading somewhere a while back that a very loud audible snap means you are slipping in grip. Its not a big deal but it means there is more potential.

Contrary to popular belief, snap doesn't have to be accompanied by an audible snap.

Snap is more of the concept of solid late acceleration and wrist extension.

Some pros with huge snap do not make a noise when they drive, and some pros with huge snap make a loud snap with all their shots.

As others have pointed out, an audible snap is just your fingers slapping your palm, which means at the very least that you are letting the disc rip out. Some grips have more audible snap than others.