• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easily threw my best round today. Finished -7 through 16. Ran out of light. Only bogied one hole and it was the first. I was throwing my drives dead on today and my Rancho rock was doing great work. I was hitting most of my puts from inside 30'. Got a nuke pin high on a 425' hole but 40' wide. So stoked and so excited. P.S. The drive was easily the farthest I have thrown, been recently getting it out to 400' consistently and accurately.

Played Madeline Bertrand an niles Michigan today shot a -3 -2 an even on the last round. I was five under coming Into the last three holes on the third round an just had a blow up an managed to save par. My putting practice has sure been paying off though nailed many 20 25 foot putts that I usaly never make all in all great day

Just had my first child recently, she's a week old today, so I haven't been playing much.

Annual tournament this Saturday so I went to one of the courses being used to practice.

Ended up playing a tag match. First one of the season for me. Now I'm holding number 2. I had number 13 (which I liked). Was only 2 strokes off the winner. And I had 2 easy putts spit out on me.

I even put a Destroyer bomb about 425-450', with a slight uphill, on one of the holes. Overshot my upshot and still made a 40' comeback for par.

Just had my first child recently, she's a week old today, so I haven't been playing much.

Annual tournament this Saturday so I went to one of the courses being used to practice.

Ended up playing a tag match. First one of the season for me. Now I'm holding number 2. I had number 13 (which I liked). Was only 2 strokes off the winner. And I had 2 easy putts spit out on me.

I even put a Destroyer bomb about 425-450', with a slight uphill, on one of the holes. Overshot my upshot and still made a 40' comeback for par.

Congrats on kid #1, congrats on tag #2, congrats on carding a 3!

:wall:

After yesterday putting up one of my best days ever - today I put up my worst 2 round total at my home course in almost a month. :(

Gah........

I just threw a few discs around in the park today. Played object golf. But to be honest, if I was at the course I would have probably aced every hole.....so yeah. Played pretty well today.:thmbup: LOL

shot +8 when the wind was bad. shot -2 once it simmered down a bit. looks like i need more practice playing in windy conditions.

:wall:

After yesterday putting up one of my best days ever - today I put up my worst 2 round total at my home course in almost a month. :(

Gah........

Jekyl and Hyde....

Same course - and today I was 8 strokes better than yesterday over 2 rounds. This includes tying my personal best at the mid tees, in the rain, playing a speed round. Started out in the fog heavy fog (see pic). Almost called it after the first 9 but I was playing well and the rain stopped. The by 12 it was picking up again and a distant thunder. From 12 to back to my car was toss, pick up bag, sprint to my lie. Apparently this is how I play my best golf....no time to overthink it. From 12 on (playing 2 tees) I hit 2 eagles, 8 birdies, and 4 pars....so -12 through 14 holes...in the rain...not drying off discs...and sprinting my fat butt between holes. The ONLY bad thing there was one of those pars was for my personal best on hole 18. 30' putt just kissed chains and missed. :( Oh well.

Attachments

• Shore Winds White - Hole 4 Fog 1.jpg
    Shore Winds White - Hole 4 Fog 1.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 5
Played George Wilson today in mishawaka indiana played one game threw a -7 an practiced putting a lot after till it started raining. My driving was just horrible today I was just a lil off on all the mechanics. But I never play well at Wilson. But a new buddy of mine gave me a good deal on a Ti buzzz an I really like it thing flys super straight

Last edited:
Got to try a course near my parents house in southern NH today, Top O' the Hill in Canterbury. Started with a great birdie on the short par 3 hole 1, and had my ups and downs after that. Ended up +2 or 3 but will try to play the course again next week because I'm confident I can shoot under par there.

Shot +7 at Woodmere today playing solo. Wasn't focusing because of some other stuff going on off the course. Got some putting practice after the round so the day wasn't an entire waste.

Fieldwork tonight. Very cold and windy, which in a way was good. I learned that out of the box, a G* Wraith has a little turn but it's gradual and kind of lazy fighting it's way out of it. Which is cool except it goes out to the 380 - 400 foot mark which is exactly where I'm putting Valks and PDs, and it's not overstable enough to boot my overstable Wraith, so I don't need it. Bummer.
I also tried a Buzzz for the first time and it doesn't do anything different than my Rocs.
Less than a month until the Majestic so I'm fine-tuning my bag setup in preparation. Fun, but challenging in a way.

Nailed a 55 foot deuce for eagle today. The longest putt I have made so far. Felt freaking amazing and has made me look at my Magic in a whole new way. Also made a new friend on the course today. We were the only two on the course. He was asking all sorts of questions. I taught him a simple x-step and proper grip. He added about 70 feet onto his drive. Then he was asking about putting form, so I just had him watch what I was doing. He caught on very quick and ended up draining a 25 foot birdie putt. He was ecstatic. Helping him out was an even better feeling than draining that 55 footer. All in all an amazing day. To top it off parks and recreation stopped to thank us for picking up the trash as we were playing. Only about half a garbage bag full, but everything helps. Our parks and recreation guys take amazing care of the fairways so the least I can do is a little trash patrol.

Gah. 2 concurrent rounds (short & mid tees). 1 off personal best from the short.....2 better than my personal worst from mids. SO annoying. I'd of set a new personal best if I didn't fail on an eagle putt....chains left....roll away....miss the comeback. Turn and eagle into a par :(

Aced #5 at Watson Lakes. My favorite hole no less. Other than that I shot well enough off of the tee, but am still missing too many birdie putts from too close for me to be plussed.

Meh. One down at BRP. Drives were erratic, putting saved the round. Plenty of birdies but gave them all back on a few bad holes.
But, met user jasonc and had fun being the tour guide. Plus it was an awesome morning to be on the course.

Totally inconsistent as usual. I had a few great drives that had ace potential, but still left me close enough to make my putts. Also had some pure garbage drives and some lousy putts.

This is my game in a nutshell. I need to spend some time working on dialing in my driving form, but the limited time that I have for DG leads me to just go play a round instead of practice.

i took a few days off. parts of my back get sore from twisting i think when im throwing wrong somehow. but also dg was almost becoming a chore and not fun anymore for me. so i took 3 days break to figure my **** out.

i shot a +2 at lando and then second round shot -2. it was good to be back out there. i had some awful shots and some great shots.

getting pumped for kansas city next week!!

Status
Not open for further replies.