• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just shot a -6 at Arcadia #2. My best round ever out there. My first eagle as well! It was a drop in 3 on a 626' hole.

Shot the worst rated round of my life, according to the unofficial results, in the first round today. My second round wasn't much better. But hey, at least it was better and I didn't finish DFL in Rec.

First tournament today after I've been back throwing now for about 10 months. 5th out of 13 in advanced. I left some shots out there for sure, especially in the second round, but I cashed and played all right. Got a little CTP prize also.

Hit my furthest shot ever today with my MVP Anode Eclipse glow. It was my 2nd shot on a par 4, it was a pretty uphill but a clear shot of the basket. After I made it I counted my foot steps and it was 34 which is approximately 85 feet. That is by far my longest make, gave me a eagle on that hole and 2 guys even saw it from another teebox.

Only 2nd time playing this year so hopefully it means I'll have a good summer.

I took 2nd place in advanced at the Shasta Series finale at Lava Creek yesterday. Super windy all day made it interesting and fun.

Last edited:
Was -2, yesterday, at Lincoln ridge park thru 13 holes before getting rained out. Man I wish I could have finished that round....

Had to deal with lack of sleep, back problems, and stomach issues after trying to sleep in my car the night before the Seviren Lang Memorial. Shot poorly but i made it thru. on to the next tournament. but i did learn that i'm too old to sleep in the car.

complete mixed bag. id been playing badly recently and have only really had time to play league recently. id lost some important discs, others had gotten past their sweet spot. the new replacements havent been beaten in yet and ive been adding hyzer or anny to various discs to try to get the results i was getting from the discs that i can no longer use.

doubles has proved especially bad for me as the pressure to not disappoint my partner messes with me i think. i couldnt drive at all this friday though my partner made soem nice drives and at least my 25-35 foot putting got us some birdies off of his drives

so this morning i intended to try to break it down and go simple. i played solo, throwing multiple discs per hole, trying to get to the bottom of the recent bout of oat. it was a disaster. playing worse than i can possibly remember. it was like id never seen a disc before

so i said screw this and left. drove 50 minutes to a course id never been to before. if was going to throw that badly, i might as well check off a new course and get a review out of it.

so i step up to hole one and throw the best drive ive done all day, a enough anny to make sure it stays in bounds and approach for a tap in par. hole two i use that same disc that hasnt flown right in weeks. a nice little s that parks for birdie.

it comes together all round. just focusing on acceleration and snap and not worrying about disc angle or steps. just slinging it. i didnt approach each shot needing for it to be a good one. i was just happy when it was.

on 18, the only purely open hole on the course and a long one, i felt confident enough to pull out the katana. wow was that a beauty. arced through the open space for the longest throw id made in probably six months.

so yeah, a mixed bag that ended well. now if i can get that slinging mindset for league day and the tournament next saturday

Meh.

Today was a classic example of why I need to learn rhfh. I was -5 going into the last 5 holes and wound up -1 instead. I got myself into trouble 3 times on those last 5 and If I'd had a rhfh, I would have had easy pars but instead had to settle for bogey and double bogey. A frustrating and dispirited ending to an otherwise very solid round through and through.

Also Doinked 2 putts on those last 5, could have had a couple more birds.

Last edited:
Played a round on Friday and one tonight, and beat my personal best on both courses by 2 - shot even at Dry Creek and -2 at my home course Squirrel Lake Park. I've played SLP more than 100 times and everything clicked this weekend.

The key was lights out putting. I canned every single putt within 25 feet and made some long ones too.

Putting practice: routine, routine, routine. Your practice 100% translates to the course if you practice your routine, and not just throwing a stack of putters. I wish I realized this earlier.

Overall I had a mixed round. I had some really bad shots and most were off the tee, but today my upshots and putting saved me. Made two birdies from 30ft and around obstacles. No idea how they went in but they did. Plus I ended up behind a group of 9 people (all family members I guess) but they let me play through. I ended up rushing it a bit, with my approach leaving me about 50 ft away and outside the circle of trees. Ended up nailing the run at the basket and when the big group of people that let me play through heard the chains and saw me run up to the basket they started cheering. Ended up shooting an even round (3 birdies, 3 bogies) which was a first for that course. It's not one that I play very often, but it's where the championship for me series is going to be played so I want to get at least one round a week there in order to prepare.

Meh.

Today was a classic example of why I need to learn rhfh. I was -5 going into the last 5 holes and wound up -1 instead. I got myself into trouble 3 times on those last 5 and If I'd had a rhfh, I would have had easy pars but instead had to settle for bogey and double bogey. A frustrating and dispirited ending to an otherwise very solid round through and through.

Also Doinked 2 putts on those last 5, could have had a couple more birds.

i got that young fh if i can steal your smooth bh tricks haha

I had a score worthy of Pro in the first round of this weekend's tournament. The second round, I had a score worthy of intermediate, but it was good enough to squeak out a win in advanced.

i got that young fh if i can steal your smooth bh tricks haha

deal.

i actually went out and played another round after i posted; met up with some old acquaintances halfway through and joined them for casual dubs since they had a cali player. came back from +3 to finish at -2 and win in a playoff.

highlights included parking 17 at oakwood (where i was playing today) with the gstar teebird and patriot on consecutive throws, with the gstar bird actually skidding up and hitting the post and the patriot landing behind the pin. i have to say that open field shots like that are just a relief to have sometimes, totally validating all my fieldwork, lol.

still doinked some putts.

it was fun to be able to relax since my rounds earlier were for league.

Yesterday I played well and got first place in Intermediate at a local tournament. Felt good, but everyone is calling me a bagger because I tried playing Advanced tourney at the beginning of the season and realized I still need a little work.

Today, I shot -4 at my local course which beat my old best of -3

Went to lula ga for the first time today. I was only 2 strokes over par for the frount nine from pro pads. (3 strokes out of the lead. 2 pro and me a rec player) back nine was a different story could not get me a par to save my butt. 42 out for a 77. I really can't complain any I was hitting some nice drives and think I finally have my bag set. One of these days.

I played a round a Wills Park today and shot a 51 which was one of my better rounds there. It was the first time in a long time I got to play without bringing the kids along with the double wide jogging stroller. I only had 1 putt that I should have made and didn't, so my putting practice in the back yard is helping. Maybe one day when the kids are older I'll be able to start playing some tourneys.

Turning drives over due to not keeping my head down as I rotate. Had the best forehand shot I have ever taken, putting and approaching was solid. I just need to keep my head down through my drives and I will have it made.

Finally hit 400' and solidified it with a couple more. Threw a Discraft Z Force (174g) and a Similar Nuke both out to 400' give or take a stride. It is awesome to see the discs flex out like they do when you throw them that far. The nuke left my hand on a slight hyzer and stayed about head height for the durration of the flight. Flipped to flat, continued to anhyzer, and as it faded out came back to flat and left. Result was perfectly center of aim. Force went hyzer to flat, stayed flat for what seemed like forever, and came back left. I threw wide knowing that and it stayed wide. Both results were aimed to the right of target and both stayed right, that makes me comfortable knowing that when I power these up again, I can aim for my target and think about hitting it.

All in all, a good day.

Played my home course solo, only one bogey to go with several birdies. Was test driving my new unlace, and had 4 parked shots on second tee shots. Definitely staying in the bag. Hopefully it wasn't beginners luck on that disc.

So after a week straight of lunch time fieldwork + 2 rounds after work I came upon a beautiful Saturday (finally) that I had a ton of yard work to catch up on. I had planned on catching a round after but I had been getting a bit sore from too much DG (for a fat n lazy guy) then tack on several hours of yard work (the shoveling kind) and I was way too sore sat night. Sunday rolled around - also beautiful - but way to sore. I did make it out for ~30 mins of putting practice but that was it.

Today I was finally feeling better and got in ~15 mins of putting practice at lunch before ~30 working with my teebird & river. I had been throwing my beat dx tbird (noodle armed) ~225 avg with the occasional good rip out to 250. Today I was putting them all in the 235-250 range, which was awesome.

Out on the course - started out a bit shaky on the first hole but then got in a nice groove. The best was a 328' hole which is normally a hope for a look at 3 - but realistically a 4. I got what felt like a great toss on my bird and see it slowly turn right - fade back just a bit too much an into the rough on the left. I knew it was a good rip as I felt it snap out and I normally don't get any turn on it (wasn't an oatastic turn). As I'm walking up the fairway I'm waiting to see it...waiting to see it...walking...wtf....its THERE?!? It almost cleared the last bush and was ~30' from the basket. I've NEVER had a throw near that long (~255 was prior best) and on line. Unfortunately I was in the bush pretty bad and had to forehand putt it from one knee and I just missed it. The 3 still felt good though - and just knowing that if the stars align I CAN hit 300' was a great feeling.

After that hole I was just on a roll. Such a great confidence booster. I hadn't played this course since my 2nd time out in early april and I shot a +16 (708 DGCR rating). Today's round was -5 (898 DGCR rating) - so a 21 stroke improvement in ~5 weeks. I'll take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts