• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played two rounds today. +4 on the first round. -1 on the second(best round at my home course) Got to play the first round with 2 guys I've never played with.

Random doubled was tonight. We absolutely TORE IT UP and shot -14 after 18.. But, somehow another group did -15. Grrrrr.

Played Baugo creek in indiana par is 60 there I threw a +4 a +5 an my best ever there a +1. Got a new putter called the dart an I'm loving it nice smooth straight putts. An I threw my eagle across the street on hole ten from up on the hill

Played CapSprings in Madison over lunch and shot +1 in a quick (18 holes, 37 minutes) and windy round.

Then played the home course and shot -3 in a longish and windy round.

Good day overall.

In Atlanta for work and drove down to play JP Moseley. A local joined me on hole 3 and we started an impromptu match. After 17 holes I was 1 up. He parked his approach for a drop in 3 on 18. I left my approach about 25 ft short with a drop off behind the pin and the wind in my face from the right. They have tall flags on the top of the baskets at Moseley. If I make the putt I win. I putted nose up and the wind lifted the disc, it hit the flag pole about 18" above the top of the basket, bounced down onto the top right side of the basket, slowly flipped over off of the top, landed on the top right edge of the tray, and the wind slowly lifted it up and back into the basket! Craziest putt I have ever seen, seemed to take forever to go in, and I held onto my one stroke win. Liked the course, shot +3 first time ever playing it.

Played the local 9...-1 through 6 and sucked the last 3 to shoot +3 for the 9. A tree has nearly fallen just off 7th tee, making a decent drive impossible because it is essentially blocks the every good line on a severe uphill hole. I let the frustration with something that can be fixed plague me for the last couple of holes and blew easy pars by not being patient.

Gah. Over 2 rounds today I was 6 over what I shot yesterday. OBx3. Couldn't putt to save my life...I somehow brainfarted and missed 2 >10 feet. :wall: No good long putts - and lots of near misses.

Garbage.

Overthrew easy layups, overshot short drives, threw buzzzes flat into strong headwind just to watch them turn over for 300' in the wrong direction... just played like it was my first time out but with better form and missed 12 of 18 putts when yesterday I made 15/18.

Much better today but the wind was rearing it's ugly 15+ MPH head and it was a battle. There was one hole I bombed on badly, just tried to fight big trees over and over when I should have just saved and approached. It cost me 4 strokes but my putts were on, my approaches were good, luck was on my side once or twice and I recognized it, took advantage and stayed positive. Last toss was a 40' putt SE with an East (Opposing from Left Front) wind. I grabbed my beat Wizard, aimed, did my dance, and thought, "this putter won't hold". Grabbed a brand new Wizard, aimed, did my dance, and put it on a direct line downward towards the chains. 40' into a 15mph opposing wind takes FOREVER to cover. Not gonna lie, my arms were going up AS my putter hit chains... NO SPIT SO ARMS ALL THE WAY UP! :D My best friend had a 30+ footer to make to tie but he was facing right to left wind and the pressure was on... I walked away with the W.

Dropped car off at mechanic. Rode to Winthrop. Shot a 56 on the gold course. Rode home in the dark.

BBBPBPBBP BPEPBPBBP
232443234 343524224

By rode, I meant pedaled to Winthrop. missed a putt on hole 9 that I shoulda made. Missed a 20 footer on 18 to birdie by about an inch low. It was almost dark, and I suck at dusk putting.

Just got home from Oakboro. Pretty good round but probably could have been better. Was -2 at the end of hole #7 then walked up on a Copper Head at the creek on hole#8. He wasn't very long, maybe 18 inches or so, but he must have been eating good because he had some girth. The adrenalin rush did nothing for my putting and I bogied #8 and #9. The encounter had me looking sideways threw the rest of the round which may have accounted for me finishing +4.

Went to my home course today. It says some of the holes are 4 and 5 pars, but I play it all 3s. I finished the course two under. Not bad considering I am just getting my strength back from a bit of illness. Used my new MVP Inertia a lot today. Great disc. A little more nose angle and snap sensitive than my valkyries, but I think with practice it will be my goto disc.

I played 2 rounds. I shot my first round at Banklick/Lincoln Ridge park. Shot a -6 with taking only one bogey and missed about 4-5 putts. Ended up getting second. McMath beat me by a stroke. Also witnessed an ace of Scott on hole 14 the downhill shot. Hit with an XD plus mold.

Also played Boone woods afterwards. holy moly wind. Shot a -5 with about constant 15 mph winds. Not my best round.

Played 18 over lunch at Capital Springs in Madison and shot -1 from the shorts (in 34 minutes flat, no less).

Then played the back 9 at the home course and shot -3 with the wind howling.

Loving my G* Destroyer and G* Teebird for those headwinds!

18 holes down the street. Nothing to write home about, but getting really close to "the hit". Hitting 330-350' almost on demand, with the occasional longer one. Point and shoot was better. One more practice day before the Mayhem Open on Saturday...

After yesterday's putting fiasco I spent lunch today practicing putting. It paid off...very few misses that I should've hit...and made a few from outside my comfort area. I also drove VERY well on the open max drive type holes especially considering it was windy and blowing opposite of normal....

....but.....my mids off the tee on tighter holes were horrendous. So many trees hit today. Fairly decent recovery shots after but the damage was done. Ended up a few strokes below average. :(

I shot 10 down at BRP playing best drive of 2. Had 6 putts hit the cage low and 2 high. Really didn't make anything putting, good putts just mostly a hair short, though I did deuce #4 from 200 feet. So I guess there is that. Old beat Pro rhyno just floated it right in. hehe

past two days ive been playing with chucker friends and havent been keeping score. good to get back to reality and realize its just for fun

i did still kick their asses though, just for the record

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts