• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So I go to Itunes and...

i have enjoyed the interviews i have listened to, dont let one persons opinion get you frustrated, there are plenty of us that appreciate your efforts

Thanks, now I will have something to podcast after Fantasy Football season is over.. Don't let the negative comments get you down.

Everyone on this site should rate your show 5 stars for the effort....

325065.jpg

Really though he is right on some of it and believe me i have tried to get better. It's strange when i do my fishing show I sound different and I guess that has more to do with being more comfortable about it and also the fact if I put a top pro angler in google I get so many returns with info it makes it easy where as with disc golf you have to struggle to find good info on any player. I am going to have cameron todd on and I go to look him up and really nothing is out there except the discraft page and facebook and a few youtube videos so it make s it hard to learn about these players which in turn makes me way more tentative when I talk to them. In the end though this last year or so I have done this has helped me learn this sport better than anything I can find on the internet and hopefully i will get better and people will still enjoy listening.
Oh and sorry for the runons just have to catch the bus!!!

Last edited:
How do I see his review? I'm curious. But I agree, there's always going to be some ahole that never learned to not say anything if you don't have anything nice to say.

How do I see his review? I'm curious. But I agree, there's always going to be some ahole that never learned to not say anything if you don't have anything nice to say.
You have to click the view in itunes button and you will see it at the bottom.

I know this is off topic. Dashiellx, every time I see your name above your posts, I instantly picture a female..... How do I cure myself of this?

I know this is off topic. Dashiellx, every time I see your name above your posts, I instantly picture a female..... How do I cure myself of this?

Well, Dashiell is a male name. But I'm the one on the right below.

65489_1240228181213_6082270_n.jpg

I don't see anything inflammatory about his review. It all looks like constructive criticism to me.

Don't mean to be rude, but this kinda boils down to you not getting bent out of shape over someone not thinking you're the greatest. Take what he said, put some consideration into it, and instead of getting mad, harness that information to make yourself better.

Do you know this guy?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dashiell_Hammett

I didn't realize that was how it was spelled, but if you pronounce it the way he did it doesn't sound very feminine.

And, I wouldn't be quick to assume that the creator of Sam Spade was a woman.

Well, Dashiell is a male name. But I'm the one on the right below.

65489_1240228181213_6082270_n.jpg

Thanks for a considerate response. I have never met any with the name Dashiell. It must be the two L's at the end. Sorry for any confusion.

Who is Sam Spade?

I would guess chuckie blevins was critiquing the early podcasts. Chainchaser, you have addressed each of his cons yourself in the past. Building upon a discussion would be the only 'con' I see in the recent podcasts. But the catch would be a 40min podcast with only 4 drawn out questions. Kinda happened with the Nikko interview, yet that was a solid interview. I like how the guest has the option to expand upon a question.

I love the content you're providing chainchaser. I hope it keeps coming! You have definitely improved the live shows.

Ask Cameron Todd about his art :)

We, as a consumer group, have been spoiled with incredible media coverage of the world around us. CNN can deliver an incredible story with nifty graphics and a career anchor to sell it to us. Now consumers are over-saturated with the delivery of a story. Blevins is missing the fantastic substance in these podcasts. His loss.

You have to click the view in itunes button and you will see it at the bottom.

You will not see the entire review unless you open the podcast list in itunes (i.e.--itunes.exe, not a web brower).

I'd copy past but itunes doesn't have a cursor-over option.

Or you're implying chuck's lack of notoriety. In which case I missed the :S

Last edited:
Or you're implying chuck's lack of notoriety. In which case I missed the :S
On name alone, I would've guessed he was an MMA fighter, that guy who made basketball shoes, a 1950's musician or that dude who was on the Rifleman.

I don't see anything inflammatory about his review. It all looks like constructive criticism to me.

Don't mean to be rude, but this kinda boils down to you not getting bent out of shape over someone not thinking you're the greatest. Take what he said, put some consideration into it, and instead of getting mad, harness that information to make yourself better.
I am not really mad, it's just the dude don't realize that I may suck on air but he doesn't see the hours I spend contacting guests and editing the shows which is something that I do all on my own. I don't have a producer, I don't have a staff, it is me and me alone that does everything. I guess I was more frustrated than mad. He is really not the first person that has blasted me and I do understand it and I have tried to get better and be honest I don't like to listen to myself at times either. I try to let terry do most the talking but terry is not going to ask all the questions that we receive so I have to do it. I did this really for everyone else and not to make a name for myself. I came up with this idea so that regular players like ourselves have a chance to ask questions of the pros and others of our sport that you would not normally get to ask. I am taking his words and will try to get better but he also needs to realize that I am new at this and when it comes to finding info on people in disc golf it is not an easy task so bare with me as I try to improve.

He was my father's uncle. I never met him, but that's where my middle name comes from

I didn't realize that was how it was spelled, but if you pronounce it the way he did it doesn't sound very feminine.
Actually, most people mispronounce it. Most say DASH-ull when it is actually da-SHEL

Who is Sam Spade?
I'll assume you're a youngin' and don't know better than to commit blasphemy. :D

Sam Spade is considered the as the crystallizing figure in the development of private detective fiction. Prior to him, most fictional detectives were high class, overly intelligent characters like Sherlock Holmes. Spade was the first "everyday" man to be a detective in fiction and all PIs after him are in some way based on him.

Latest posts