• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So what do your home course chuckers like to drink?

When me and my homies (for a lack of a better word) play and when we are drinking, we drink mostly Dead Guy Ale, Dog Fish, Bells every once in a while, and we found a new Peach flavored IPA from some brewery.

Just goes to show, for the best taste in beer, go north and east!

Lots Surly Furious on the courses I get to a lot. That and cheap ass beer.

It would be nice to drink Dead Guy and other stronger craft beers on the course but if you have more than one here in the TX heat you are asking for serious trouble physically, coordination goes down even if confidence goes up a little! So most people drink extremely sh*tty light beer made from corn or whatever it's made out of now. *ugh*

I don't drink if the round counts for something unless I'm playing a doubles tourney, one or two gets my putting relaxed and smooth! But usually I only drink during casual rounds after league and stuff like that, reflexes and coordination just go to crap quickly more often than not.

In the winter, Southern Star Buried Hatchet Stout is a must. Warms the belly and the spirit, and it's just so roasty and delicious!

In Spring, I rock the Modus Hoperandi by Ska Brewing, great beer in a can. Maybe Southern Star Pine Belt Pale Ale, lots of body for a "pale" but still drinkable and super tasty.

In Summer, we gotta roll with another TX craft beer in a can that's very easy to drink, like the new Hops & Grains Pale Dog. Or Southern Star Bombshell Blonde would be a good choice. Dale's Pale Ale by Oskar Blues is an obvious choice here, too.

Gotta give a shout-out to Austin's own Independence Brewing, who hosted a charity doubles tourney at MET Center recently (I'm wearing the T-Shirt right now). Their Stash IPA, when fresh, is just super dank and tasty as hell. It doesn't get great reviews on BeerAdvocate but I'm guessing that's because it was not super fresh. It definitely breaks down and loses it's hop profile quickly so it's gotta be FRESH! Also Convict Hill Oatmeal Stout is very good for an Austin beer. Their regular beers are not all that impressive for all the hopheads out there.

Everything that comes in 24 oz. cans. Also, foot of tee sign = trashcan around here. Effing slobs.

My home course is extremely well maintained, only see a couple of beer cans a round if that. Everyone I play with drinks pretty good beer. Corona, Landshark, and an assortment of IPA's. But if I see a can it's usually something like natty, keystone, or a 40 of some sort. The people who drink the nicer beer are usually not the ones throwing/leaving the bottles on the ground.

Everything that comes in 24 oz. cans. Also, foot of tee sign = trashcan around here. Effing slobs.

Yeah, leaving your trash on the course is slobby, but leaving it near the tee sign is better than throwing it out in the shule for guys like me who pick up after the bleeping slobs.

at my local courses there's the usual littering, but at one of them, chuckers find it amusing to draw penis' on ALL of the tee signs. Not really the greatest image for DG.

Long and short answer as exhibited by your picture... anything they can throw on the ground or for that matter get there hands on. Most of the chuckers at my home course are teenage punks who score what they can. On a better note, during private course tag matches for the Foothills Flyers I've noticed that Dale's seems to be a rather common choice for those with a finer pallet. Having a Deviant Dale's right now actually.

Here's to the weekend! Run the chains!

Well, for swill in Portland its mostly PBR, though you'll find a smattering of all the common brands. But, as it IS Portland, we have the best collection of microbrews in the US, and that's the preponderance of bottles. We also have a surfeit of homeless, so the in-town parks stay pretty clean.
The irony is, there's no alcohol allowed in city and state parks. :rolleyes:

Yeah, leaving your trash on the course is slobby, but leaving it near the tee sign is better than throwing it out in the shule for guys like me who pick up after the bleeping slobs.

People in Michigan set them beside the trash so the poor people that collect them don't need to sift through the garbage to pick them up. The can and bottle people often also pick up trash as well, some sweep the tee pads.

pbr and coors light. Tons of it during the summer at milo mciver.

during the summer its a common site to see at least one trash can that gets double the foot traffic to be overflowing and sometimes a 3 foot high pile.

at least they arn't strewn too much over the entire course.

PBR and Bud Light, I always drink Diet Coke though its very funny going up to some of them and saying "Hey, want a drink?" and they'll say YEA!!! I pull out the can and there like oh um nvm.

Out of curiosity, is can/bottle litter less of a problem in the deposit states? I know Bill at Flip pays for a lot of his landscaping needs with the 0.10/each you MI folks get...

Typically here, it's the usual cheap swill. I also tend to see the "good stuff" properly disposed of. :thmbup: In fact, last weekend at Rollin Ridge, in the wastebucket by #2's tee I noticed four (count 'em, 4!) empty bottles of Delirium Tremens...I really hope they weren't all from the same guy! :eek: