• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

SoCal: Lake Piru? Wait. What?!?

Holy double crossing fairway, Batman!

Disc_Golf_Basket_1.jpg

I am also interested in how this course looks, especially compared to Casitas (well it's only 9 holes to start). Zenbot, LOL @ "About a Dollar Per hole". I don't like that ratio.

I know one guy that went. He said it was set up pretty well for people that don't have a lot of disc golf knowledge. Baskets were not made by one of the major companies. More like somebody at Lake Piru knew a welder.

What's up with the 2 newest courses (Prado and Lake Piru) in Socal being 10 bucks? OK so they're in parks, but I hope this isn't a continuing trend.

^Well with our supposed financial crisis, doubled with the fact that the parks & rec departments are getting budget cutbacks; its not surprising that the only parks that can afford the courses are profit generating regional parks. It's probably just a phase. You know, right before DG takes over the planet.

CFO's run the world now. Probably some dude scratching his head thinking.... "Well the average ball golf course costs $50 per round, so we can probably bump it up to 20% of that cost" :mad:

It's the fee just to enter the Lake for day use recreation. They don't care if you're swimming, picnicking, or discing. If you go there a lot they have an annual pass for $100.

I have an annual for Casitas. I doubt I'll get one for Piru.

Carpool.

somebody wanna make the course profile?
AH HA!!!! That means you have to do it now! I don't care where you live, son. You just volunteered.

I don't know when I'll be able to get out there. I wanted to finish Point Mugu first.

AH HA!!!! That means you have to do it now! I don't care where you live, son. You just volunteered.

I don't know when I'll be able to get out there. I wanted to finish Point Mugu first.

Speaking of Point Mugu...
attachment.php

Attachments

• downsized_0318001702.jpg
    downsized_0318001702.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 45
It's a grassy 9-hole with another 9-hole layout. Shots range from 250-325 I would estimate. You need military clearance or have to enter with someone that has clearance. With not much room they did a good job using the existing trees and bushes to create some decent fairways.

Google Map It runs along parallel to Naval Air Road and there are two fairways that run North-South along the wall of the baseball field.

Last edited:
Sweet. Thanks. Any other secret courses like this around the area?
I used to see Innova baskets out at CSU Channel Islands but that was a few summers ago. I heard they were putting in something more permanent but I haven't heard of anything in a wile.

Ventura City College has a light pole object course.

Hmm. Ill have to check out CSU. I live in thousand oaks, and go to school in santa barbara so its right near by.
I haven't seen those baskets in a while. I don't even know who to ask about it. It's strange that nobody from my club knows either. I could see 5 Innova baskets from the road.

Shameless plug for Ventura Disc Golf goes here: http://venturadiscgolf.com/

Latest posts