• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Some new ones

I grew up at King's Island around all the Hannah-Barbera cartoon characters.

So did I! I got a season pass for XMas every year(didn't every kid in the area?) LOVED all those Hanna-Barbara characters and shows, before Paramount took over the park. The Smurfs ride was the BOMB!

Wish I had been a disc golfer then though. So many courses up there! Recently I've played in Mason, West Chester, and Bowling Green on trips up there to see old buddies when they get married, because most people never leave Ohio. I do miss me some Skyline Chili, but we can actually buy it frozen at Publix(though it's nowhere near the same without the noodles and cheese)

Oh yeah, nice dyes again:)D).

So did I! I got a season pass for XMas every year(didn't every kid in the area?) LOVED all those Hanna-Barbara characters and shows, before Paramount took over the park. The Smurfs ride was the BOMB!

Wish I had been a disc golfer then though. So many courses up there! Recently I've played in Mason, West Chester, and Bowling Green on trips up there to see old buddies when they get married, because most people never leave Ohio. I do miss me some Skyline Chili, but we can actually buy it frozen at Publix(though it's nowhere near the same without the noodles and cheese)

Oh yeah, nice dyes again:)D).

I think I miss the big burlap sack slide the most from KI. I loved that as a kid. I am planning on doing a few more H-B characters if you're interested. Did you play Monroe and Turtlecreek both when you were in West Chester? They're not Banklick and Idlewild, but they're both fun and completely different from one another.

Skyline's become a serious brand name now. I'm glad to see it (and Graeter's) stretching its' wings a little. Just make up some spaghetti and get some shredded cheddar.

I finally got off my butt and dyed a couple more discs. This one's my favorite. It turned out better than I expected. It's a bottom-stamped 171 Star X-Cal and is up for trade. I only threw it a few times and really wish I hadn't inked it because it looks brand new.

Dye34-ThrowingStarX-Caliber750.jpg

Thanks for the kind words. The Wasp turned out better than I could've imagined.

So in addition to finishing my holiday dye-off disc, I threw this in on the tail end of the session. It's a FLX Surge.

Dye37-NinjaFLXSurge750.jpg

Nothing like resurrecting a thread that's been dead forever.

I finally found the time to put a couple more discs into dye and here's the end result. I'm still working on the second one, but here's the first one. I'll post the second in a couple days when I finish it.

This is a 167 ESP Crush. It's for sale/trade if anyone's interested. If it's been thrown, it was only in a field.
Dye38-ThreeMonkeysCrush750.jpg

I finished the disc I started dyeing with the monkeys shown above. I took a different approach with dyeing multiple colors and think I've finally settled on my routine. I want to put a background color on it but don't have any specifics in mind. What do you think?

It's a brand new/unthrown 175 X-Out Star Max, and it's for sale/trade.
Dye39-RenStimpyMax750.jpg

Last edited:
Nothing like resurrecting a thread that's been dead forever.

I finally found the time to put a couple more discs into dye and here's the end result. I'm still working on the second one, but here's the first one. I'll post the second in a couple days when I finish it.

This is a 167 ESP Crush. It's for sale/trade if anyone's interested. If it's been thrown, it was only in a field.
Dye38-ThreeMonkeysCrush750.jpg

is that the one i traded you? if it is it looks great

the Ren and Stimpy Max is freaking great man! Makes me wish I used Maxes.

I finished the disc I started dyeing with the monkeys shown above. I took a different approach with dyeing multiple colors and think I've finally settled on my routine. I want to put a background color on it but don't have any specifics in mind. What do you think?

It's a brand new/unthrown 175 X-Out Star Max, and it's for sale/trade.
Dye39-RenStimpyMax750.jpg

Awesome job!!!

Some sort of background would look pretty cool. I vote you leave the torn edges white! The show always had weird psychedelic splattery backgrounds like when Ren screamed. I think you should go crazy with it.