• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Some player ranking statistics and thoughts on course design

To clarify, my arm is old and short. Our area grew with pitch n' putt courses but as player skills evolved, the desire for longer, more challenging courses also evolved. With their arrival, I can truthfully say that player skills, especially distance, has evolved and improved as well. I can only imagine tossing 350+ accurately when needed. I wish I could experience the thrill of taking the needed step into doing this "on call" when needed, therefore, I can see the need and desire for such courses.

However, at my skill level, I can attest that wide open and unimaginative 700' holes aren't very fun ... and certainly takes away any ability to compete with the longer arm players. More times than not, the promised "am or novice" tees never materialize and the course becomes one for just the long arms or skilled players. Additional tees would help but many of these are even more unimaginative and don't serve their intended purpose.

To serve new players, all courses should offer some "fun" and "addictive" measures which bring the novice back

Luckily, enough courses are available that locals can pick and choose.

Latest posts