• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sound Off - The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly (over 1k posts!)

Good: Shot under par for my first time ever 2 days ago. Since then I have shot under par 4 more times.

Good: I hit chains and basket for the first time as well. I thought I had my first ace but it went right through all of the front chains and then hit the bucket part and skipped 30 feet away.

Ugly: Got a par on said shot.

Good: Change my grip and have had great results
Bad: My forearm is sore now because of the extra snap I am putting on the disc.
(Read the grip related articles on this site. It has been my only source for tweaking my game and I would say I have added a good 50 feet to my drives and mids over the past two weeks)

Good: I threw my Pro-D Buzzz 331 feet the other night on the rugby field.
Bad: I think I messed my knee up during that throw.

Good:
1.) Came in 6th in the 4th Annual Grand Cities Open, Novice Division.
2.) My drives were on par with a number of the advanced players.
3.) I was one of the only people I noticed who could throw a reliable forehand.
4.) My game fell apart second round and was +7 after 8 holes. But, managed to overcome my mental game and only go +3 on the next 13.
5.) After going back to the course after a summer of practice and technique adjustments, notice a significant improvement on distance and accuracy.

Bad:
1.) My putting sucked. Missed a number of makeable puts.
2.) Noticed problem 1.) and spent the whole hour break at the practice basket and didn't improve my putting at all.
3..) 2nd round my game fell apart for the first 8 holes.

Ugly:
1.) Missed 5 birdie putts and 5-6 other par putts.
2.) Came in sixth when I could of easily come in 2nd or 3rd.

Good:
My moment of the tourney.
Had about a 80 ft approach, looked at the guy next to me and said "I feel a go for." Threw a nice anny line with my putter and missed the basket by inches. Then on next hole had another 80 ft approach and said "I feel another go for on this one." Threw another anny line and sunk it.

Good:
Me and my partner beat the doubles course record in the weekly doubles tournament with a 14 down today! (20 holes)

Bad:
I'm probably gonna go out and throw trash tomorrow.

Ugly: I was working on my RHBH drives and pulling closer to my chest...well, I got it plenty close and ended up hitting my left shoulder with the disc, giving myself a bruise :roll:

Good: I kicked some ass at HORSE. 8)

Good: Been working on keeping the nose down during drives, and it finally seems to be coming together. I can finally throw nose down and flat. :)

Bad: Played a horrid round at league today. +22. Granted it was a course ive never played before, but my putting was horrible. 1/8 on putts 15'~30'.

The Ugly: Hole 11 at Lakewood Park. I had a good drive. Then hit a tree on my approach. The basket was about 40' away and on a hill about 20' above me. So I layed it up right next to the basket. I don't know what happened next, but a mother and her little girl were walking past the basket and onto the fairway. (It was a wooded hole) I think the girl thought I threw it at her or something, cause she kicked my putter down the hill and it stopped not 3 feet infront of me. I had to lay up again, and ended up 2 putting it. Making a bareable bogey turn into a +4. :x

Good: Parked a 720 foot hole (steep downhill)

Bad : 2nd shot , just for fun, was way short of the hole

Ugly: Never found the 2nd disc, and now I am down to 1 Tulsa Orc

Good: I just spent a few days in Panama City Beach Florida.

Bad: No disc golf course there, closest one was 75 miles away.

Ugly: I'm back here in Texarkana, TX

Good: Had a blast at our Ace Race yesterday - the turnout was awesome!

Bad: I was making runs left and right but didn't even touch metal - and it only took one Ace to win.

Ugly: I lost my Champ Teebird in a doubles round later that evening. I ####### hate losing discs, and it ruined the rest of my day. I've lost two discs in the last year... both on the same hole.

Good: My friend made his personal record in one round, most birdies per round and his first round with no blow ups. He shaved off about 5-7 strokes off of his average. Met three new players and had nice time talking to them and giving some advice.

Bad: I tied my personal round record. Yes for me this is bad news. I can't seem to get trouble free rounds and the kind of results that my technical skills suggest. So not improving my record sucks especially because I've gotten more usable distance lately that helps on many holes. I usually win against my friend and throw a lot farther and am as good an approacher and almost as good putter and on some days better. This was the first day his forehand throws were up to my standards.

Worse: I tried to stop my follow through quickly after one throw but couldn't. I backhanded a broken tree branch that was almost like a spear tip. Broke skin. I was so tired after three rounds when I got to a sports field that I only threw about 340' on my longest throw. This was especially bad because I had waited for half a week to be able to try a new thing for me about increasing the RPM of the discs. I had noticed that I wasn't chopping as fast as I could. I'm so out of shape still that I tire too easily and lose distance significantly after two-three rounds at my home course.

Ugly: What really irritated me was that I was totally spent when two guys asked me about running starts. I was so powerless and stiff that my technique fell completely apart. I don't think I've thrown as bad in two years. I couldn't show them my current knowledge of throwing. The best ones were half assed short throws of about 300'-310' and way too high without nose down. I need lots more rehab. No not from chemicals :)

The Good: I've threw great recovery shots to save par and bogey on numerous holes today.

The Bad: I was horrible off the tee.

The Ugly: Bug Bites

The Good: Did some field work tonight, worked on my pivot and follow through, and actually saw some improved distance, especially with my Champ Beast, which I hated at first.

The Bad: New DX teebird still flying a little more overstable than I'd like

The Ugly: Lost my keys in the field, bud did find them after about an hour of looking :lol:

The Good: Played a 1 disc round with a Star Shark at Veteran's Park in Sylmar - shot even par.

The Bad: Brought out the full bag and shot 4 over

The Ugly: The double bogey on 16

Jaysus said:
Ugly: I lost my Champ Teebird in a doubles round later that evening. I ####### hate losing discs, and it ruined the rest of my day. I've lost two discs in the last year... both on the same hole.

UPDATE: The disc was found and returned!!!

Apparently some kind sole did a "creek walk" and deposited about 20 discs in the lost disc box!!!

Good - I finally found a league run through the college I attend and am going to that for the first time tonight.

Bad - I haven't got to play since I got here.

Ugly - Will probably be my putting as that always seems like the first thing to get rusty after not playing for awhile.

Good - Tournament in the MT series I got to play recently, introduced me to two courses that I've never played before. For first time seeing courses I shot fairly well, w/ exception of a string of 6 bogies.

Bad - Forcast was for sunny skys. Rain to soak ya to the bones, hail, and 30-40 mph gusts of wind during both rounds. Registration, Lunch, & Awards all had sunny skys. Bloody Montana weather.

Ugly - Ended up in a 4 way tie for last 2 cashes in Adv. Not the ugly part. My ride (played in different division) was so pissed at weather/his play that he just wanted to go home. Couldn't find an alternative ride so had to leave before final scores were tallied. Find out two days latter that I missed the playoff that was gonna happen for the last 2 cashes. :x

Im'a do this'un backards...

Ugly: My showing at the 11th Annual Mr. Jim's Carrollton Open this past weekend. I'm a 954 rated player, and my first round was rated 887 :shock: Guess that's what a double circle 7 will get ya...

Bad: the fact that i was on the last card for most of the tourney...and the nasty sunburn I got on the sides of my face. It's starting to peel now, and it looks like my cheeks have dandruf...

Good: Being on the last Advanced card meant that I was playing right behind the top card in the Open division, which consisted of Eric McCabe, Coda Hatfield, Nolan Grider, "Smokin" Joe Torres, and JD Ramirez. It was awesome watching them nail 40-50 footers like it was nothing!

Good: won my first PDGA, which I am stoked about even though it was just a little one dayer.

Bad and ugly: My putting throughout the tournament. I couldn't hit any putt outside of 25. It got so bad that I had to start trying to park holes just so I had a decent birdie chance. I definitely putt less confidently in tournaments and need to work on that.

the good-- new job as industrial painter has added yards to my D since I spray all day my wrist has more strength i get more snap

the bad-- all my friends want to plat the same course over and over again they never want to play one of the other 8 courses in our area I mean don't get me wrong McClure is a great course but after you play it 500 times you want something diff

the ugly-- 56 hour weeks at the new job does not leave much room for golf

Latest posts