• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sound Off - The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly (over 1k posts!)

Good: Finding out I really like the new cyclone I got
Bad: Losing $5 on a side bet with a buddy
Ugly: I'd just won that $5 off him 4 holes earlier! :evil:

Good: I now have the course record at one of the local courses, Cherry Hill, with a -8.

Bad: It was just a temporary course layout before anything permanent goes in for the spring, and only up two days :D

Ugly: Lost a Tournament Pro plastic Cyclone and couldn't find it :/ Oh well, only hard to replace disc in my bag, so it may be a good thing. I couldn't stock up on them, so no point in having one.

Good: got a bunch of sweet new discs recently: Champ Teebirds & TL, gummy QMS, MOLS, CE Aviar (i think), Star FL, EPS Surge

Bad: No time to throw them!! Frickin' daylight savings!

Ugly: Umm....Nicole Richie?? :?

Good: Last week I hit the chains off the tee on a 340'ish hole where the basket sits behind some trees. There was a group with a few hot chicks letting us play through and they thought I was really good or something.

Bad: Orc hit the chains then bounced out 1' from the basket.

Ugly: The guys that the chicks were with.

Good- Shot another 52 at Griffen in Norman, Ok. Never been under par there and I've shot 2 52's in the last week.

Great- Got an ace.

Bad and ugly- took a 5 on hole 2 because I can't put

More good- its november and its 77° out here.

The best- I got off of work and my son is out of school and we're hanging out all day.

steezo said:
ZAMson said:
Bonus: Tequila swigs.
8)

After trying nearly every tequila out there, this is my fav

6478.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Good: Finished my first week throwing exclusively with a 4-finger control grip (changed from a 3-finger), and already I'm noticing improved distance and accuracy. Not much of an increase in distance, but it comes a lot easier now. Also got a chance to play my old home course (Lester Lorch Park - Cedar Hill, TX) over the holiday weekend...ahh, memories.

Bad: Lost a nicely broken-in Star Orc and froze my ass off playing in the rain/sleet on Saturday.

Ugly: The creamed spinach & ricotta casserole I made for Thanksgiving...forgot to salt it, so it tasted like creamy cardboard. Luckily my Cheddar/Gruyere/Manchego mac-n-cheese was a big hit :D

Bad - Something happen to my back, and me thinks I am going to be out of Disc Golf for awhile :(

I was at work today and all of a sudden I get this wicked pain in my back, by the mid afternoon I could barely walk. So I go to the Chiropractor tonight and he said somehow my pelvis got twisted and the majority of my spin and back is unaligned. There is also the possibility of a pinched nerve.
:(

It also sucks too because I just got some nice new plastic to throw :(

Fritz said:
Bad - Something happen to my back, and me thinks I am going to be out of Disc Golf for awhile :(

I was at work today and all of a sudden I get this wicked pain in my back, by the mid afternoon I could barely walk. So I go to the Chiropractor tonight and he said somehow my pelvis got twisted and the majority of my spin and back is unaligned. There is also the possibility of a pinched nerve.

Go see a physiatrist right away. One that specializes in back injuries. Mine did wonders. Regular doctors usually don't know enough. His words. He said he's had thousands of back patoents so he should know. He also sad that soft tissues can easily take a minimum of 6 months to heal. Judging by my back pain that's true. He also said that 12 months is common too :-( Take care. Back is the worst place to break and you don't want to take any chances with it. Waiting can make things much worse. BNook an appoinment immediatelly! Please do. You'll thank yourself later for it based on my experience. I waited to see if my aches would spontaneously heal and it wasn't a good idea.

JR said:
Fritz said:

Go see a physiatrist right away. One that specializes in back injuries. Mine did wonders. Regular doctors usually don't know enough. His words. He said he's had thousands of back patoents so he should know. He also sad that soft tissues can easily take a minimum of 6 months to heal. Judging by my back pain that's true. He also said that 12 months is common too :-( Take care. Back is the worst place to break and you don't want to take any chances with it. Waiting can make things much worse. BNook an appoinment immediatelly! Please do. You'll thank yourself later for it based on my experience. I waited to see if my aches would spontaneously heal and it wasn't a good idea.

I did I saw a Chiropractor. They specialize in bones and muscle injuries. This one especially, he's specializes in Back and Spinal Trauma.

Fritz said:
I did I saw a Chiropractor. They specialize in bones and muscle injuries. This one especially, he's specializes in Back and Spinal Trauma.

They have different skill sets and are not the same. I'm not sure about how interchangeable they are but physiatrists are more knowledgeable at least when they are good at what they do.

ZAMson said:
Good: stashed a handful of freakshow Aurora MS in juicy SE plastic, along with gummy 150g QOLF (soon to be available in the USA for the first time)

The bee stung you for not sharing :wink: I was hoping the Q would come out in 150 this year...and gummy Q would be twice the fun. Just let me know where and when.

What is a MS in SE compared to either the AMS or the SMS?

The Good: Shooting -5 on the new course up here.

The Bad: Not sticking the ace on hole #6. Hit the front of the chains going left to right. Split 2 big oaks in the middle of the fairway.

The Ugly: 23 degrees with a real feel of 11. BRRR!! Can't stop me.

Edit: More Good: Consitant driving on a hole I was having issues with. 329' up a hill with a tunnel of trees. Raging Inferno DT just outside the tunnel with a nice fade. Right up to the basket.

the good: I played a bogeyless round
the bad: I missed many birdies
the ugly: I had an acid reflux thing after the round still feeling it this morning....

Takeichi said:
the ugly: I had an acid reflux thing after the round still feeling it this morning....

I get acid reflux all the time, and it gets real bad every week or so. Try mixing to spoons of baking soda with a small glass of water and drink it. After trying all the prescriptions and antacids, I only use baking soda now. Works everytime and lasts all day.

Donkeypuncher said:
Takeichi said:

I get acid reflux all the time, and it gets real bad every week or so. Try mixing to spoons of baking soda with a small glass of water and drink it. After trying all the prescriptions and antacids, I only use baking soda now. Works everytime and lasts all day.

All you need is Papaya Enzymes. You can get them at any vitamin store. They are a healthy and natural way to neutralize the acid, without killing all the acid in your stomache and they also improve and keep your digestive track healthy.

http://www.gnc.com/sm-natural-brand-papaya-enzyme--pi-2133211.html

Latest posts