• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sound Off - The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly (over 1k posts!)

The good: been messing around with some Infernos I got, they are great for easy throwing and some big distances.

The bad: apparently only quest makes the Inferno now in the SRP plastic. That stuff sucks. I need to go buy as many gateway infernos as possible.

The ugly: My game now that I only get to play a round once a week at best. My driving is all over the place. Also I really hurt my knee putting down some floor this weekend and can barely move it, let alone rotate on it.

Good week in general. I changed my grip back from a fork grip to the standard power grip. With the fork my wrist was like locked in place and I couldn't put any angle on the disc as much as I tried but now I can and I feel I am getting more snap.

I also got the cfr glow orcs I ordered and I am loving them. My longest throw on a course before today was around 350 feet and today I bombed one out there for about 380. I know most of you can throw further but it still makes me very happy. I didn't even feel like I throw it that hard, I just put a little hyzer on it and it took off.

edit - bad/funny. There is a hole at my local course that bends left and has trees all over the path and there is a lake to the left of the whole that you can send a big anny over. Well, I threw a big anny with my road runner and I put a little to much on it and when it hit the ground it rolled. Well, the lake is frozen and it rolled for about 30-45 seconds all over the lake. The lake isn't very big so it managed to roll all the way across and then come back and then loop around for awhile before stopping right in the middle. The ice was to thin to go get it but I should be able to in a week or so.

On a side note, I hope someone doesn't try to go get it and fall through the ice or my conscious will bother me the rest of my life. I could see some little punk kid that is high off his ass forgetting that you can fall through ice go out for it and fall thought but I really hope that doesn't happen.

The Good: ACE!!!! Also, a 75 foot birdie shot with my SRP Rock-it

The Bad: Missing a few easy putts.

The Ugly: It is crazy cold up here.

The Good - Killed my record at Veteran's Park in Sylmar today. Shot -4.

The Bad - The totally unnecessary bogey on 8.

The Ugly - Missing 2 20 foot birdie putts.

Good: I finally got to play today (very busy and recovering from a badly broken thumb). Shot -7 for 9 holes (-8 being my record)

Bad: after not playing for two months everything felt weird, but worked.

Ugly the 30 degree weather i was playing in.

Good: Played the weekly tourney this past Saturday morning at Aquatic Park in Berkeley and shot a -6, only one off my personal best.

Bad: Missed two putts from 20' or less, neither of which had any danger/challenge about them.

Ugly: Tried to make a safe 90 foot approach with a putter on hole 15 (playing from the long pad), accidentally threw it in the basket for a deuce- had it whiffed I would have had a 50' comeback putt from a big cluster of reeds!

Ugly Pt. 2 - Despite starting out up 6-0-0 in skins against two friends while playing Ript at the SF course in the afternoon, I ended up with nada the rest of the way and we had a 7-6-5 finish. The turning point was when I had a chance to go up 9-0-0 in skins with a 20' birdie putt, and was then forced to putt with my off-hand... definitely Ugly.

Good: I played 27 holes with discs that i've NEVER used before...all millenium...and shot exceptionally well. (Setup: Omega SS, Q-Sentinel, 2 QJLS, 2 EXP1)

Bad: Played a safari hole walking back to the parking lot(500' or so)...mando rollers for the first 2 throws...i dont have that shot in my arsenal...

Ugly: flopped my first roller about 100 ft...thanks to a snow/stump

Good - nothing
Bad - have not played in a week and a half and won't get to again till Saturday
Ugly - my game when I get to play again on Saturday!

damn, I hate the winter months and lack of daylight and being responsible and going to work and not going out to play!
:twisted: :evil: :twisted:

ok, I'm done 8)

good- Getting 3 some to play night and snow disc golf.
bad- Losing a new disc (new to me)
Ugly- LOSING 7 Discs

Good- during the week found out that there's a replacement hole for a destroyed one on the course that allows reasonably safe playing in the winter. Personal record improved today by two strokes. On the second round started with birdies on first two holes which I've seldom done. Learnt to watch out for changing weather. Temps rose above freezing. A nice anny bomb around an obstacle at 290-300' distance and passing it a bit in front of other golfers even when I had already completed two rounds and was tired (hard work and little sleep earlier -only partial recovery). Demo effect usually goes the other way. A nice any drive kick back to the fairway on the next hole and 26-29' uphill putt for a deuce continuing demoing.

Bad- Temps rising changed the ground. Instead of just slipping on run ups and hopped shuffle steps I also found out that my foot dug into the ground stuck and tripped me every which way at times once the surface melted late in the session. Did a double bogey on the round starting with two consecutive birdies -tying personal best. Irritation thanks to that and slipping and especially tripping. :twisted:

Ugly- My throws after tripping and slipping.

Good- Got to get in 2 rounds yesterday. And it was with someone.

Bad- My play. Shot 2 rounds over par. I haven't done that for a while.

Ugly- Lost 2 teebirds. Including an ace one on my very first throw! I have lost more discs in the past month or so than I have in the last year!

Good- I lost an opaque champ teebird (notthe good part), but my bussy had a new one that he traded to me to replace one I lost.

The Good - Finally broke the par barrier at Oak Grove. Shot -1

The Bad - Too many bogies

The Ugly - Being 1 over on the back nine with 3 birdies.

Good: The cold weather has caused me to practice my horrendous putting

Bad: It is pretty damn cold out

Ugly: I have no gear for cold weather

Uglier: I got rid of my wizards because I had a bunch of spit outs :cry:

Good - Played Winthrop Gold Today
Unsure - Shot a 78
Bad - Because of my dry hands I now have a very large gash on my index finger ie release finger. I am not even using it to type right now.

Furthur said:
How do you play withrop gold without the rope/hay bales/bamboo fence?

easily?

good: Off work early today, finally some disc

bad: none of my friends are off work

ugly: N/A

Hmm... Maybe I don't have time to go down and play around USDGC time and this is the only time I could get it in. I mean I don't know what peoples obsessions with the ropes are. It seems if I don't play it with the ropes up I am a cheater. Maybe I am just a little busy the middle of a semester.

vonDrehle said:
Hmm... Maybe I don't have time to go down and play around USDGC time and this is the only time I could get it in. I mean I don't know what peoples obsessions with the ropes are. It seems if I don't play it with the ropes up I am a cheater. Maybe I am just a little busy the middle of a semester.

I think he was just joking. I know I was.

Latest posts