• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sound Off - The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly (over 1k posts!)

Just shot the worst game of my life. Got a 15 over at league today. Pretty much missed all my putts, fucked up all the upshots and shanked most of my drives. I don't know what the deal is last week I shot 2 over. I need a drink!!!!!

Good: It's been unusually warm in these parts the past couple of days.

Bad: Stupid daylight savings means that it's dark when I get off of work.

Ugly: This means that I can't play DG after work anymore (might switch to night golf).

pd

pointdisc said:
Bad: Stupid daylight savings means that it's dark when I get off of work.

Ugly: This means that I can't play DG after work anymore (might switch to night golf).

pd

werd...I've been amassing a collection of glow plastic for the past few months in preparation for "the dark age". Just need a pocket-sized black light and I'm set.

The Good: Threw the longest drive I've ever thrown during a round - 420 feet with maybe 5-8 feet of uphill elevation.

The Bad: In my excitement I air balled the birdie putt.

The Ugly: The following hole, a completely open uphill fairway of 219 feet...I took a 5.

domromer said:
Just shot the worst game of my life. Got a 15 over at league today. Pretty much missed all my putts, fucked up all the upshots and shanked most of my drives. I don't know what the deal is last week I shot 2 over. I need a drink!!!!!

I will meet you at the bar. I played two courses last Sunday, both with many holes that are easy to birdie, and I have many times, and I didn't get one birdie. I think the worst shot of the day was my second shot on #16. Its a blind anny shot, and I landed 12 feet from the basket. Took my birdie putt, and it hit the top of the basket, and came back to the ground. My reaction was----> :evil:

Good - I'm amped about going to Hot Springs in the morning to play one of my favorite courses with some good folks! The last time I played at Cedar Glades was the Octoberfest tourney and I SUCKED IT UP bigtime...so I'm really looking forward to getting my revenge :twisted:

Bad - probably going to be cold in the morning when I get there.

Ugly - the weather forecast for next week...nasty cold front with lots of rain. hello winter.

Good: played 9 holes today competitively with some guys, shot -8.

bad: the only birdie I missed was a 15 footer that bounced off the pole after hitting every chain and bounced out.

Ugly: My back, can't wait to get to the chiropractor Monday.

the good: 36 holes in 104 throws. An Ace on the 10th hole of the day and a low score of 24 for 9 holes (not on the round with the ace either)

the bad: Turned my ankle on a dirt teepad

the ugly: snow/rain/wind but i guess that was okay.

Good- i got some putts in on my basket today

Bad got a new disc and havent got to rip it

Ugly- damn time change is screwing me out of my everyday after work 9 holes!!!!!!

good - shot a pr 58 at sherando on friday

bad - was -3 after 9 holes and shot +7 on the back 9

ugly - had 2 ob's and scored an 8 on hole 16 at giles meadow yesterday.

Good - Played 4 rounds, 72 holes, today.
Bad - Wind was unpredictable, kept changing speed or direction mid drive.
Ugly - Pulled my lower back pretty bad the last round.

The Good: I am on vacation!

The Bad: Pouring down rain. No disc golf today. :(

The Ugly: Rain till Wednesday night around here. Damn! :evil:

The Good: It finally stopped raining and the sun came out.

The Better: Shot a 55 at a course where I usually shoot 60.

The Ugly: I am sore

Nothing but GOOD this time around:

I found the PERFECT practice spot a few nights ago! Across the street from our course there's a 6-7 acre plot of land dotted with flood lights that are on all night long (even though the park closes at 10pm). Adjacent to the parking lot is a strip of flat, grassy land about 70-90' wide and at least 450' long...perfect for distance driving. That area is surrounded by densely packed pine trees with zero underbrush and some slight elevation changes - great for practicing tight/technical shots in the <300' range. Right smack in the middle is a flat grassy area with several concrete tables arranged in a rough square...I can set my basket on top of the tables and putt uphill, or stand on the tables and putt downhill as the basket.

There's never anybody out there at night...at least not anyone who sticks around once they see that I'm out there :) Last night as soon as I got out of my car and starting setting my basket up I heard engines starting up, and then all the cars in the parking lot just left...wonder what they were doing :lol:

There's even a pond with a small island that would make for a really cool putting green...but that part isn't lit up at night :(

Now that I've found this money spot, I guess I don't have any excuse for not practicing all winter long. I'm looking forward to seeing how much I can improve my putting and short-range game over the next few months! I may even try to set up a small 3-4 hole temp course once a week so we can keep our Wednesday night mini going all year long.

The Great! I finally shot below par. I shot a 51. I am a happy camper!

The ugly. I have to work Friday. :x

Good- got out for a round today and I think I am gaining a lot of improvement in consistency with my mids and fairway drivers. Also getting very accurate and consistent with my thumber inside 200 approach shots. Decided on a few discs and cleaned out a bunch of dead weight from my bag 8)

bad- hard to judge improvement by score because of the summer/winter course change. I really have to play the "winter" course more often this coming spring/summer.

Ugly- would have shot a personal best by several strokes if it weren't for missing 7 putts within 20 feet :roll:

Good - Played at a level I was happy with in a tournament for once. I still feel I can shoot a lot better than how I did but I was happy with my scores. I lost by one stroke in my division and shot well above my rating.

Bad - The snow that is coming today and the 4 stroke lead I blew going into the 2nd round.

Ugly - The TDs disc selection for my funny money. Out of all of the molds I throw he only had Star Eagles. No dx rocs, no wizards, no Orions of either kind, and no predators. Ended up with 2 SEXs and a towell.

The Good: I finally broke the 300ft mark with my favorite disc!

The bad: The wind. Today it sucked.

Midnightbiker said:
The Good: I finally broke the 300ft mark with my favorite disc!

The bad: The wind. Today it sucked.
that bad wind was most likely the reason you broke 300.......and all of your practice of course :wink: